Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, there's no proof that this Dan guy really works for Apple.
How do we know that this exchange is real? It could be entirely made up.

There's no real proof that Apple is blocking anything either.

Why do you take what other people say as fact and believe this to be made up?

You can read the guy's original post here. It's post #891. I find it more credible than anything else that's been stated on that thread.

Last edited:
There's no real proof that Apple is blocking anything either.

Why do you take what other people say as fact and believe this to be made up?

You can read the guy's original post here. It's post #891. I find it more credible than anything else that's been stated on that thread.

That post doesn't mean anything since the Apple's guy is low tier support and he doesn't know anything either. The blame mainly goes to Apple and Nvidia since they're pointing fingers at each other. I know Nvidia can release the drivers without Apple's certificate and Apple's native Nvidia drivers are crap since it caused glitching issues in High Sierra without a fix. They're behaving like stupid children so I had enough and got AMD card instead. We need AMD to be formidable competitor to keep the video card prices down.

That post doesn't mean anything since the Apple's guy is low tier support and he doesn't know anything either. The blame mainly goes to Apple and Nvidia since they're pointing fingers at each other. I know Nvidia can release the drivers without Apple's certificate and Apple's native Nvidia drivers are crap since it caused glitching issues in High Sierra without a fix. They're behaving like stupid children so I had enough and got AMD card instead. We need AMD to be formidable competitor to keep the video card prices down.

The only responses I've seen from Nvidia are also from lower tier support too. What makes one low tier support more credible than another's?

Confirmation bias.

People are calling out Apple and Apple remains silent. Why are they willing to take the blame and take the ire of customers? They got called out by the CEO? of RED. It's in the public conscience that Apple is to be blamed for this. Whether true or not. Dan is just as credible as Nvidia tech support. Which is 0.

Confirmation bias.

People are calling out Apple and Apple remains silent. Why are they willing to take the blame and take the ire of customers? They got called out by the CEO? of RED. It's in the public conscience that Apple is to be blamed for this. Whether true or not. Dan is just as credible as Nvidia tech support. Which is 0.

Just because the CEO of RED is being an idiot doesn't mean everyone should follow his lead.

Sure, Apple hasn't made any official statements on the matter, but neither has Nvidia. I haven't seen Jensen Huang make any statements on the matter either.

He's an idiot, huh. Along with everyone else who doesn't feel Apple is blameless in this? Gotcha.

He's an idiot, huh. Along with everyone else who doesn't feel Apple is blameless in this? Gotcha.

People are blaming Apple for not releasing Nvidia drivers. How does that make any sense?

Yes, he and everyone blaming Apple baselessly are being idiots.

I'm not blaming anyone.

Whether true or not, people think it's Apple's fault.
Apple is silent.

Maybe Nvidia doesn't want to release unsigned drivers. Just maybe. Could they? Well, yeah. But they might not want to. Maybe they feel they shouldn't have to. Maybe Apple has a legit reason for not signing them. Nvidia has more reasons to kiss Apple's ring then vice versa. Maybe they're playing hardball. I don't know. No information other than low level Nvidia guys blaming Apple and now one Mr. Dan.

Meanwhile Apple is content to let Nvidia put all the blame on them. From CEOs to Forbes. Again whether true or not. I find that interesting.

Your line of reasoning sounds like: Since Nvidia could release unsigned drivers and they don't its because they don't want to or didn't develop them yet so it's their fault. I'm not so sure that is true.
Maybe not wanting to release unsigned drivers is a sin?

I'm not blaming anyone.

Whether true or not, people think it's Apple's fault.
Apple is silent.

Maybe Nvidia doesn't want to release unsigned drivers. Just maybe. Could they? Well, yeah. But they might not want to. Maybe they feel they shouldn't have to. Maybe Apple has a legit reason for not signing them. Nvidia has more reasons to kiss Apple's ring then vice versa. Maybe they're playing hardball. I don't know. No information other than low level Nvidia guys blaming Apple and now one Mr. Dan.

Meanwhile Apple is content to let Nvidia put all the blame on them. From CEOs to Forbes. Again whether true or not. I find that interesting.

Your line of reasoning sounds like: Since Nvidia could release unsigned drivers and they don't its because they don't want to or didn't develop them yet so it's their fault. I'm not so sure that is true.
Maybe not wanting to release unsigned drivers is a sin?

Apple only sold Macs with Kepler based cards. Kepler based cards work with Mojave. Apple has fulfilled their obligations.

Apple has no responsibility to release drivers for products they never sold. Only Nvidia has a responsibility to release Fermi, Pascal, Turing drivers. No company would be stupid enough to provide drivers and/or support for products they don't sell.

Kiss Apple's ring??? Why??? They have no business relationship anymore. Beta versions of macOS have shown no indication that there will be one any time soon. Why appease Apple to screw your customers? Again, it makes no sense.

Being silent is not an admission of guilt. Why would Apple comment on another company's products and/or drivers?

Yes, I don't believe Nvidia has Metal 2 drivers ready. As explained on post #895 here, that signing nonsense is just a load BS.

"Apple has no responsibility to release drivers for products they never sold"

I'm confused. Are you implying that I or others are saying Apple needs to make drivers that are compatible? I thought they are talking about signing drivers not making them. By signing them it allows you to use the Nvidia drivers that Nvidia creates without disabling SIP, correct? I'm not sure why you're bringing up obligations. Although I'm unfamiliar with the driver signing process so it's quite possible I'm missing something.

Of course Nvidia might want to begin to play ball with Apple. Isn't that obvious? Why wouldn't they want to work with Apple and please Apple so they can business done in the future. To think otherwise is just silly.

No one said it is an admission of guilt. It's strange that they are silent though. This is a company that was quick to blame its users for holding their phone incorrectly.

For what it's worth I think there's a possibility that Nvidia has or had drivers that Apple declined to sign. Apple probably used quality as a reason because the old drivers were always just a disaster waiting to happen. They might have told them to go back to scratch or work with them before they sign them. Which could give credence to what some of those "Nvidia people" have said.

Of course, all of these people could have been misinformed but they are being believed and Apple is silent.

So on one hand Nvidia didn't bother looking at Mojave development betas and got caught with their pants down and has their employees incorrectly blaming Apple for not signing their imaginary drivers and Apple is just willing to sit by until Mr. Dan. And on the other is, Nvidia has drivers of a unknown quality that Apple has not signed and therefore requires SIP to be disabled which they don't want to have to be done.

Or the truth is somewhere in between.

Honestly I don't really care. I don't hold these companies to be silicon gods. Its just in my experience that the truth is hardly black and white like many wish to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back