CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
It's a real shame that Nvidia have chosen to treat their loyal customers this way, the lack of any official information on the current state of Mojave/Metal 2 WebDrivers is totally unacceptable .. even if Apple is in-some part involved.

I agree with everyone that Nvidia GPU's are faster and more power efficient than AMD but this latest news blackout by Nvidia has made me realise that they don't actually care about their customers they just care about the $$$. Even if MacOS represents a very small sector of their overall market share they should not treat us the way they have.
nVidia never really cared about macOS users for number of reasons...

1) Difficult to find macOS driver on their website.
2) Have to wait for days or months for web driver to be released after minor/major macOS upgrades.
3) nVidia drivers are substandard in a way that OpenGL/CL suffered performance hits badly.
4) nVidia is only interested in Windows customers. Enough said.

Most folks here have already jumped ship to AMD camp. Good luck nVidia and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I agree with everyone that Nvidia GPU's are faster and more power efficient than AMD
This is only true in Windows and on paper. In macOS, the Nvidia cards were hampered by poor drivers. As you mentioned, even in general UI, AMD is far smoother despite not being as good on paper.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F13
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
10.14.2 is now out. Expect to finally hear from nvidia very soon. Like I said repeatedly, and none of you will listen, the issue was apples fault. However, NOW the ball is in nvidia's court because 10.14.2 "fixed" the issue. Now we'll see what nvidia's ACTUAL turnaround time is.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys

I'm tired of waiting for Nvidia drivers so thought of this as a (temporary?) solution:

- get the cheapest possible AMD card (HD 6450 or R5 230) and put it next to my GTX 970;
- on Windows 10 I can use Nvidia for gaming, and
- on hackintosh Mojave i would use the AMD

Would this work? I'm not sure if 2 different cards can be present at the same time on the motherboard and choose one as primary accordingly.
My display has 2 ports obviously

onx

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys

I'm tired of waiting for nvidia web drivers so thought of this as a (temporary?) solution:

- get the cheapest possible amd card (hd 6450 or r5 230) and put it next to my gtx 970
- on windows 10 i can use nvidia for gaming
- on hackintosh mojave i would use the amd

would this work? i'm not sure if 2 different cards can be present at the same time on the motherboard and choose one as primary accordingly
my display has 2 ports obviously
Can't say about separate card but for the same purposes I use Intel HD Graphics and GTX 970. Each of them connected in the same time to one monitor and there are no any issues for me.

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-WS
CPU
Intel i7 6700 Quad Core 4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC 4GB
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
10.14.2 is now out. Expect to finally hear from nvidia very soon. Like I said repeatedly, and none of you will listen, the issue was apples fault.
Probably because you offer zero actual proof of your claims.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Probably because you offer zero actual proof of your claims.
I'll be curious to to learn if this 10.14.2 fixes the glitch issues with native GTX cards. I doubt it.

Motherboard
dell t-3500
CPU
xeon
Graphics
hd7770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I’m very curious how did you assume that these two cards are “very simelar”. Having same looking numbers doesn’t make them anyhow similar to each other
So you have done research that doubts me? And if so, please post? Thats why the windows drivers for both cards are so close to each other. so again, Did you ever look at the windows drivers for those cards? did you ever do any research? I have, and in windows they appear to be very similar and the fact that Im using a mac now doesn't change the hardware. The only real difference is gpu speed, aka the differences between a core 2 e6600 and core 2 e8400 are considerably greater than the differences between those cards. So please do more research before just shot-gunning off negativity. Thank you.