Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 7700k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960
Also tired of nvidia and webdrivers. Time to say good bye to my old GTX 960. Just ordered a RX 580 as well.

Got & installed my RX 580 today, works like a charm :) I wonder why I have waited this long to switch heh.

Just got a small issue that bugs me, I got blackscreen on the boot until the bootloader. Installed Csm-VideoDxe-64 driver when the nvidia card was not working. I wonder if it is the issue or if I need to change anything to fix it? Somebody knows?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
switched to the XFX RX 580 also, using WhatEverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext, no issues on boot up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 7700k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960
Installed Csm-VideoDxe-64 driver when the nvidia card was not working. I wonder if it is the issue

Well this was the issue for anyone who might get same problem :)

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F13
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
People's impatience and talking about switching to inferior GPUs even, just cause users could't wait to upgrade to a .0 release of an OS.

Follow logical update method and stay on 10.13.6 until mojave is less buggy and has web drivers. Then you'd have no down time and less bugs.

For example, all the people who play wow are sure are regretting rushing to 10.14 cause it has a window server hang bug with windowed full screen metal applications. .0 releases suck. Two favors one stone. WAIT FOR WEB DRIVER before upgrading :)

Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-Clover
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
People's impatience and talking about switching to inferior GPUs even, just cause users could't wait to upgrade to a .0 release of an OS.

Follow logical update method and stay on 10.13.6 until mojave is less buggy and has web drivers. Then you'd have no down time and less bugs.

For example, all the people who play wow are sure are regretting rushing to 10.14 cause it has a window server hang bug with windowed full screen metal applications. .0 releases suck. Two favors one stone. WAIT FOR WEB DRIVER before upgrading :)
But but but, where’s the fun in that?:lol:

Seriously, it was a lot of fun for me swapping a GPU, and testing it out in Premiere Pro (which the RX580 works great in, but only in Mac and Metal API, not in Windows).

Besides, doesn’t this forum need all the feedback it can get for the next Multibeast? ;)

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

It goes beyond impatience. Nvidia web drivers were garbage throughout High Sierra. They went from a year of garbage drivers to no drivers.

Motherboard
GA-Z77M-D3H
CPU
i5-3750K
Graphics
RX 570
What problem(s) the WhateverGreen.kext solves? My fresh Mojave install with RX 570 works fine without it.

I had a problem with low (1024x768) Clover GUI resolution after deleting 'CsmVideoDxe-64.efi', but solved it disabling CSM in BIOS. For Gigabyte 7 series MBs, there is no direct setting, but change 'OS Other' to 'Windows 8' and the setting to disable CSM appears.

Last edited: