Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I changed my HDMI cable

Thanks, but looks like its not my case - I have no HDMI cables, I use DVI-D (dual DVI) monitor. Without that file I can boot to good system, with that file, I boot into black screen.

Thanks, but looks like its not my case - I have no HDMI cables, I use DVI-D (dual DVI) monitor. Without that file I can boot to good system, with that file, I boot into black screen.

HDMI to DVI D adapter?

Another thing to try maybe inject ATI and select a frame buffer like Berbice or Dayman.

I was very happy with my NVIDIA card but really thinking about switching.

Will this card work OOB?
And what about the fan problems I read about?

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING/

I do plan to keep my card for a few years, so I'm considering a Vega 64 instead of a RX 5x0.
This card will be the closest to my current 1080 Ti but will perform worse when it comes to OpenGL.

Thanks!

Is this one ok?
MSI RX 560 Aero ITX 4GB GDDR5 OC

Greets
z0dac

Yes. I bought that very card last week and didn't need to do anything to make it work with Mojave.

I am going to get an RX580, I don't game much and when I do its older games like half life2, I like the GT 970 I have but at the end of the day I don't want to wait for third party drivers, I guess the GT 970 with have to go on eBay.

Hello guys!
I used to have GTX 950 and was comfortable with it. But after Mojave was released I decided switch to AMD and picked used one for just 100$. Uninstalled nvidia drivers and just replaced gtx950 with rx560, works OOB with lilu and whatevergreen. No more pain with nvidia drivers

IMG_2901.jpg

2018-10-05_00-46-02.png

why do we need lulu and WhateverGreen ?

I think they are still required to make everything work perfectly, technically these cards don't work OOB for everyone, some people or perhaps most people still have to use lilu and WG, I know I do.

I bought an RX580 a while ago, it works just fine in Mojave and does what I need it to do. But I also have a HTC Vive for which it really sucks, so I thought to leave my GTX1070 in with the RX but then they share PCIe lanes, both cards set to x8, I guess I'll just have to switch cards physically if I want to use the Vive :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back