Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
X3470
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Update went well, but my GTX550Ti makes glitches after I wake up my monitor. Otherwise it works great. I tried installing official nVidia drivers (304 version). I get this message at the beginning: "No driver update needed" after which I have to close the installer. Is there a way to force driver installation? Please help. Thanks in advance.

PS: I can get rid of glitches simply by changing the desktop background, but that just sucks.

You apparently already have update installed.

Are you using a background from Apple ?

you have to extract the kext files with pacifist and install them with kext beast. running the installer does nothing.

you have to extract the kext files with pacifist and install them with kext beast. running the installer does nothing.

Maybe I'm missing a step, but this does not work on my Geforce 550 ti. After downloading http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html which is the newest driver at the time of writing this, extracting the 5 kext files, and then using KextBeast, during bootup the screen locks on the spinning part at the bottom center and no video is updated.

I'm back to the default graphics drivers, which are ok, but if my display goes to sleep or my screensaver comes on either no video comes back, often a black screen, but other times my screen looks like Missingno from Pokémon.

This issue is getting on my nerves. Now sometimes when I change tabs in firefox I get jumbled garbage. At least minimizing fixes the issue instead of a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back