Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Hi everyone,

I've had a golden build since 2018 and haven't touched anything since then. No updates, nothing. I use my hackintosh primarily for video editing in Premiere Pro and Final Cut X. Now, using ProRes Raw I've run into a problem for the first time. I need to update my Nvidia driver otherwise the files are unusable. I've even tried transcoding. That didn't work either.

Now, as everything is running quite smoothe you can imagine I am quite reluctant to change anything now. Any quick tips or ideas how I can update the required driver?

Update: just checked Adobe and they say I have to update to

• macOS Catalina 10.15 or later
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later

Any ideas on how to migrate or update easily? And will this still work with current GFX or do I need to switch that too?

Cheers,

Killian

Any ideas on how to migrate or update easily?
The bottom line is that you cannot update later than High Sierra, there simply are no drivers for Pascal based graphics cards for newer operating systems.

Options are to use your processor's integrated graphics instead or replace the GTX 1050 for a supported card.

Thank P1lgrim for your quick reply... So that means I need an AMD card too, before I can update to Mojave or BigSur?

Thank P1lgrim for your quick reply... So that means I need an AMD card too, before I can update to Mojave or BigSur?
Yes, that or remove the Nvidia card and switch to CPU integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back