Graphics
nVidia Geforce GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

My hackintosh (with Nvidia 970) starting from today got graphic issues, the usual ones which you can see when the drivers were not updated.
After several hours of try and catch I see that the NVIDIA certificate expired/has been revoked.
This is why any pkg available or also the already installed drivers have stoped to work.

It looks to me as the dead line of any hackintosh with NVDIA graphic card.

Hi

My hackintosh (with Nvidia 970) starting from today got graphic issues, the usual ones which you can see when the drivers were not updated.
After several hours of try and catch I see that the NVIDIA certificate expired/has been revoked.
This is why any pkg available or also the already installed drivers have stoped to work.

have read a couple of the same posts today

It's RIP for the 970/980 1070/1080 but they will still work perfectly with Windows. Better yet, sell it to a gamer that will pay top dollar to get a Nvidia card to game with. Then buy a supported AMD card.

Am I reading this correctly? The Nvidia Web-Drivers certificate has expired? So the drivers had a certificate expiration date of June 2022?

If so ...

Blimey!

Not exactly. All of these still work with macOS up through the latest Big Sur. They will continue to work as the drivers come with macOS and won't have problems like the Web drivers have now with an expiration date.
  • GTX Titan (GK110)
  • GTX Titan Black (GK110)
  • GTX Titan Z
  • GTX 780/Ti
  • GTX 770
  • GTX 760/Ti
  • GT 740 (Avoid OEM versions)
  • GT 730 (GK208 core)
  • GT 720
  • GT 710 (GK208 core)
  • GTX 690
  • GTX 680
  • GTX 670
  • GTX 660/Ti (Avoid GK106 models)
  • GTX 650/Ti (Avoid GK106 models)
  • GT 640 (Kepler edition, GK107/208 core)
  • GT 630 (Kepler edition, GK208 core)
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
  • Quadro K2000/D
  • Quadro K4200
  • Quadro K5000
  • Quadro K5200
  • Quadro K6000
  • Quadro NVS510

Am I reading this correctly? The Nvidia Web-Drivers certificate has expired? So the drivers had a certificate expiration date of June 2022?
Just in time for these folk to buy a new Apple Silicon Mac to be announced on June 6th. Maybe even an M2 Mac Pro !

EDIT: June 14th 2022.
The main issue is not an expired certificate. Apple has blocked/revoked the Nvidia code signing to protect Mac users from malware and other problems that can affect them. It all started with a breach of Nvidia servers a few months back from a South American hacking group.

article excerpt from March 10th, 2022
Last week, Nvidia lost proprietary information to a group of hackers. A cybercriminal gang called “Lapsus$” has leaked Nvidia passwords, schematics, drivers and firmware and is threatening to release more information unless its demands are met, according to press reports. Those demands include removing cryptocurrency mining limiters on its gaming cards and making its GPU drivers open source, according to ArsTechnica.
So they probably have Nvidia's code signing certificate that they can use to sign anything and get it past the Mac's built in security checks.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
Disconnect your internet now if the Driver still works.

Just in time for these folk to buy a new Apple Silicon Mac to be announced on June 6th. Maybe even an M2 Mac Pro !
That's what Apple would like to see. They know that many old Mac Pro 5,1 owners were still using Nvidia cards and the web drivers so they're trying to wean these people away from the Green team for good.

Time to sell my GT 1030 then. Not much of a card, I know, but it was very handy at times. :thumbup:

Hi, my Nvidia 1050 stop working as well because of certificate expiration.
But then I found the script from "Macschrauber", which definetly helps me:

"open Script Editor paste the script into and run it.
If you need it more than once save as Application.
Or download the initial script I made what does the basic thing, blocking trustd only.
If you need to install WebDriver again there is the Webdriver Mod script in this little package as well."

My 1050 is now back!!!

Using the above mentioned script is not recommended. Apple revoking NVIDIA's certificate is most likely due to someone stealing two of NVIDIA’s code signing certificates.

By removing OCSP blocks it opens one to numerous security issues. Now any other certificate that its revoked for any reason will not be reflected in your use of any application or website. Now you can easily be infected with malware, ransomware, RAT's or any other malicious software.

If you value your system, data and your identity, DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back