Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
First I checked the forum postings on the nvidia driver issues but didn't see an answer for me.
I initially tried installing HS on my main box that has the GTX750 card, and of course the install froze midway across like everyone else.
Then I discovered I could very easily install HS on my spare box, a different board with no Nvidia card. It went like a charm... in fact this may have been the slickest hack install I've ever done - thanks to the Tonymac site... really appreciated.

My question now: I'd like to move the HS disk from the spare box to the main box, so what should the procedure be to get around the nvidia problem? Should I install the net drivers on the spare box, then edit the config, then bring the disk to the main box? Or is there a better/more reliable way to avoid having to pull the Nvid card out of the main box?
Thanks!

First I checked the forum postings on the nvidia driver issues but didn't see an answer for me.
I initially tried installing HS on my main box that has the GTX750 card, and of course the install froze midway across like everyone else.
Then I discovered I could very easily install HS on my spare box, a different board with no Nvidia card. It went like a charm... in fact this may have been the slickest hack install I've ever done - thanks to the Tonymac site... really appreciated.

My question now: I'd like to move the HS disk from the spare box to the main box, so what should the procedure be to get around the nvidia problem? Should I install the net drivers on the spare box, then edit the config, then bring the disk to the main box? Or is there a better/more reliable way to avoid having to pull the Nvid card out of the main box?
Thanks!
Then I discovered I could very easily install HS on my spare box, a different board with no Nvidia card. It went like a charm

What is "spare box"?
Can you list is SPCES?​
What are the Motherboard and CPU of your "main box" that has Nvidia "GTX750 card"?

What is "spare box"?
Can you list is SPCES?​
What are the Motherboard and CPU of your "main box" that has Nvidia "GTX750 card"?
"Spare box" is a machine running a Gigabyte B75M board, i3 processor, 4gb.
"Main box" is running Z87x-OC Gigabyte, i7-4790, 32gb.
I was wrong, the video card is a GTX-650-TI-"Boost".

"Spare box" is a machine running a Gigabyte B75M board, i3 processor, 4gb.
"Main box" is running Z87x-OC Gigabyte, i7-4790, 32gb.
I was wrong, the video card is a GTX-650-TI-"Boost".
  • To avoid further confusion for readers of your post , please edit your Build Signature
    • Add the current MoBo|CPU|Graphics in the appropriate entry boxes you can find there.
    • Then your current Build's SPECS will replace the duplicate entry at the bottom of the message entry box of your post.

With the Z87 chipset this is what I found worked with a TI card.

1. For the moment uninstall the Nvidia Driver.
2. Place the latest version of Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the 'Other' folder in the EFI partition.
3. Remove any Inject Nvidia Flag from your config.plist
4. This is important - Get your sound working before before installing the Nvidia driver (this caused a conflict on my machine for some reason and caused it to hang when booting).
5. After the above steps, install the Nvidia web driver and all should be well.

Doing the above steps helped me to overcome the problem you described on the GA-Z87 board.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back