Nvidia Geforce GTX680

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Is it only for High Sierra? Will I get trouble if I install it in Mojave? I thought when I saw this that ’’now they have released an driver for Mojave, finally’’, but no...
Did you read the release highlights in the link?

New Release 418.105
  • CUDA driver update to support CUDA Toolkit 10.1 and macOS 10.13.6
Recommended CUDA version(s):
  • CUDA 10.1
Supported macOS

Motherboard
Asus X299A
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
On X299 systems, Cuda seems to be unstable. @Junologue has had this problem. A Kernel panic can happen just by clicking a file in finder. But it can be stable for a day or so... it is wierd...
So I wrote a little script to disable it until I need it for an app.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [[ $1 = u ]]; then
    echo "Unloading Cuda"
    sudo /bin/launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cudad.plist
    sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
    sudo mkdir -p /Library/{Extensions,LaunchDaemons,Frameworks,PreferencePanes,LaunchAgents}.disabled
    [ -e /Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext ] && sudo mv /Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext /Library/Extensions.disabled/
    [ -e /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework ] && sudo mv /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework /Library/Frameworks.disabled/
    [ -e "/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA Preferences.prefPane" ] && sudo mv "/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA Preferences.prefPane" /Library/PreferencePanes.disabled/
    [ -e /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cudad.plist ] && sudo mv /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cuda* /Library/LaunchDaemons.disabled/
    [ -e /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist ] && sudo mv /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist /Library/LaunchAgents.disabled/
    exit 0
fi
if [[ $1 = l ]]; then
    echo "Loading Cuda"
    [ -e /Library/Extensions.disabled/CUDA.kext ] && sudo mv /Library/Extensions.disabled/CUDA.kext /Library/Extensions/
    [ -e /Library/Frameworks.disabled/CUDA.framework ] && sudo mv /Library/Frameworks.disabled/CUDA.framework /Library/Frameworks/
    [ -e "/Library/PreferencePanes.disabled/CUDA Preferences.prefPane" ] && sudo mv "/Library/PreferencePanes.disabled/CUDA Preferences.prefPane" /Library/PreferencePanes/
    [ -e /Library/LaunchDaemons.disabled/com.nvidia.cudad.plist ] && sudo mv /Library/LaunchDaemons.disabled/com.nvidia.cuda* /Library/LaunchDaemons/
    [ -e /Library/LaunchAgents.disabled/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist ] && sudo mv /Library/LaunchAgents.disabled/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist /Library/LaunchAgents/
    sleep 1
    sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
    sleep 1
    sudo /bin/launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.nvidia.cudad.plist
    [ -e /Library/LaunchDaemons.disabled ] && sudo rmdir /Library/{Extensions,LaunchDaemons,Frameworks,PreferencePanes,LaunchAgents}.disabled
    exit 0
fi
echo "OOPS!!! You need to run '$(basename "$0")' with u to unload and l to load.
IE: $(basename "$0") l"
I have is saved in my ~/bin folder, and it is in my path. I have it called cuda. so in a terminal, I just run `cuda u` to unload it, and `cuda l` to load it :)

Motherboard
ASUS Deluxe X299
CPU
Intel i7820x
Graphics
nVidia 1080 TI
@jaminmc — Literally made an account to come in and thank you. I was head-scratching and throwing myself at a wall for the past few days with a super unstable system. I thought it was the extra 64gb of RAM I added (not getting enough voltage, etc), but then when I saw your post I not only remembered I recently _also_ installed CUDA drivers to try and get an additional performance bump and that I had done zero troubleshooting on that front. That, combined with another note from someone on the forums re: AVX numbers related to OC'ing my CPU, ended up being the solve! I literally couldn't get a single thing exported out of Adobe Media Encoder without a kernel panic. Thanks so much for posting this script. Going to completely remove CUDA and just continue using Metal. I didn't see much of a performance boost in Premiere during the brief moments things were medium-stable anyway. Plus, this means I can go back and attempt the additional 64gb of RAM install now (I had pulled all the sticks thinking that was the cause).

Anyway, this literally saved my ass on a client delivery last night and you deserved hella praise for it! Cheers, friend!!