Contribute
Register

Nvidia controls Nvidia drivers, not Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The only mention of Quadros I remember was in saying how the Vegas outperform them.

Edit:
Correction... I think it was when they were saying how much the Afterburner outperformed the Quadros.
Now we have a good explanation Why apple doesn't approve the NVidia Drivers. They create a Apple proprietary video graphics board, and we can't compare with RX2080 ou newer NV powerfull boards :(

Now we have a good explanation Why apple doesn't approve the NVidia Drivers. They create a Apple proprietary video graphics board, and we can't compare with RX2080 ou newer NV powerfull boards :(

Nvidia doesn't need Apple's approval to release drivers.

Nvidia doesn't need Apple's approval to release drivers.

Can I get in your house without your approval? Think about it.

They released a $4999 display that comes without a stand.... that's extra $999 if you want to use it :lol:

Can I get in your house without your approval? Think about it.

They released a $4999 display that comes without a stand.... that's extra $999 if you want to use it :lol:

That's ridiculous. You can plug in your Nvidia card any time you like.

Yes but without drivers, Apple control their operating system.

Of course Apple controls their operating system. Nvidia controls the Nvidia drivers. It's up to Nvidia to develop and release the Nvidia drivers. Apple has nothing to do with that.

Of course Apple controls their operating system. Nvidia controls the Nvidia drivers. It's up to Nvidia to develop and release the Nvidia drivers. Apple has nothing to do with that.

Mac OS is a closed operating system, what goes inside is verified by Apple, it's not like windows.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 4.49.27 AM.png

Mac OS is a closed operating system, what goes inside is verified by Apple, it's not like windows.
So how come we have Ethernet drivers ported over from Linux that work fine without Apple approval ?

Nvidia has a valid Developer ID. Apple has not revoked their Developer ID. They sign their own drivers. Nvidia is still releasing drivers for High Sierra. They don't need Apple approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back