Contribute
Register

Nvidia announces the Quadro K5000 for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia announces the Quadro K5000 for Mac

apparently you don't know much about thunderbolt.
The thunderbolt displays can easily be used with every gpu which has mini-displayport.
Thunderbolt connections are actually just used for external hard drives, and for daisychaining multiple screens / hard drives.

Actually that is not true. Although you can plug in a displayport monitor in a thunderbolt connection on a mac, you can't go the other way round. I made that mistake with my thunderbolt display that now only works on my macbook pro and mac mini, and not on my mackintosh or mac pro.

Im just hoping that the new drivers will give 3+ display support.

So... What's the best we can expect now out of, say, at GTX 670?

[Edit] Well, it looks like only two monitors at a time, for the time being... Anyone tried out the Lion drivers yet for >2 monitors?

There are some people working hard on figuring out how to get the 6xx series to play nice alongside enabling HD4000, but there are still some problems there, as well.

apparently you don't know much about thunderbolt.
The thunderbolt displays can easily be used with every gpu which has mini-displayport.
Thunderbolt connections are actually just used for external hard drives, and for daisychaining multiple screens / hard drives.

Actually, they don't work with mini-displayport. My friend has a 2010 Mac Pro with the Apple Radeon HD5770 GPU and the Thunderbolt display doesn't work on it.
From what I read Thunderbolt can be used for video, audio and data transmissions. If it was just data then the whole Thunderbolt display would be pointless, wouldn't it?

where do you see mac drivers, apart from the cuda driver?
Sorry. I jumped the gun on that one... I was thinking that as I chose items in the various popups that the others were updating to reflect what's available... When I chose Lion 10.7.4 + K5000, there were still many options other than cuda drivers listed... I didn't hit the search button to see that there were no hits.

thelostswede said:
You have to pick the quadro 4000 for mac or you don't see them.
Has anyone had any luck enabling more than two monitors using this 4000 set? The list of supported monitors is pretty slim. Just wondering if there's any indication of what we can look forward to.

The only GTX listed as supported is GTX 285 for MAC... Any help for 6xx series, is what I'm wondering about.

quadro 2000 natively support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back