Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord and whoever at Nvidia that made this possible, thank you for this miracle!

According to this page, there are no Pascal adapters "officially supported". What's the Nvidia's position about supporting Pascal? Does this driver officially support all adapters, or just few models?
As far as people are reporting, all the GTX 1000 Pascal graphics cards are supported. Some manufacturers' cards that stray away from the Nvidia reference design (port layout) may not work, but, for all intensive purpose, all the Maxwell and Pascal cards are working.

BTW, that page's supported Mac models hasn't changed since Moses was a child. :lol:

I just successfully installed sierra on my setup, i followed the instructions on here and used a 14,2 system definition however im not able to get my asus strix 1080 ti card to take the nvidia drivers. i installed them once i completed the first boot into the OS and completed the setup. i then installed the latest drivers from nvidia and rebooted, but it keeps defaulting to the OS native drivers. when i click switch to the nvidia one, it prompts me to reboot and once i do, it reverts back to the native one. please can someone tell me what im doing wrong

I just successfully installed sierra on my setup, i followed the instructions on here and used a 14,2 system definition however im not able to get my asus strix 1080 ti card to take the nvidia drivers. i installed them one i completed the first boot into the OS and completed the setup. i then installed the latest drivers from nvidia and rebooted, but it keeps defaulting to the OS native drivers. when i click switch to the nvidia one, it prompts me to reboot and once i do, it reverts back to the native one. please can someone tell me what im doing wrong

Maybe it is Problem 6.

guys, any issue for you with quicktime movies or youtube? I can't play anything...

edit: solved
it was an error with 1220 codec audio.
solved by installing applealc kext

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I never thought this was gonna happen. I've got my GTX 1080 with an i7 7700K (iMac 17,1) up and running at 2160p/60Hz. So far no artefacts, no issues - Night Shift, Gaming, YouTube, everything seems to work. Good luck to everyone else!

im very interested in trying out the 17,1 system definition, Can you please elaborate more on your hardware? i currently have a 6700K i7 and a gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH system board. what type of board do you have? Did you run into any issues using the iMac 17,1? Also what model is your graphics card? mine is an ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back