Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the new buyer's guide is up. I noticed that it only has EVGA and Gigabyte cards... why is that?

I ask, because I was eyeing an Asus Strix 1070

Ok so the new buyer's guide is up. I noticed that it only has EVGA and Gigabyte cards... why is that?

It's up to you to decide which manufacturer you want to choose- our 2 top choices for customer service and general quality are EVGA and Gigabyte. Some manufacturers (ASUS included) have historically had alternate port arrangements and/or vBIOS which can be troublesome in macOS.

Also if we included every single card on the market the list would likely be over 500 cards...

Updated the drivers via the Nvidia preferences app and shut down. Pulled out my 750 and after some physical gyrations (and removing the ODD tray in my case) I was able to drop in my 1080.

Worked on first boot. For the most part.

1) I am outputting via HDMI. I lost audio (as many have had per this thread.)
2) Nightshift worked great before. Now the screen appears unaffected, yet the cursor has a orange outline when it's enabled. (Funny thing, when you take a screenshot w/ grab in the screenshot the cursor is normal)
3) I still am having the clear window with iBooks issue.

Any solutions for any or all of these?

Rock on folks.

Update: The HDMI Audio linked in the post above mine did not work for me :( I started a new thread in the Audio/HDMI audio section.

See attached for details and benchmarks

Attachments

• bench.png
    bench.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 297
  • cine.png
    cine.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 293
  • detals.png
    detals.png
    108 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Asus Strix 1070 here, works fine!
imac.jpg

Last edited:
It's up to you to decide which manufacturer you want to choose- our 2 top choices for customer service and general quality are EVGA and Gigabyte. Some manufacturers (ASUS included) have historically had alternate port arrangements and/or vBIOS which can be troublesome in macOS.

Also if we included every single card on the market the list would likely be over 500 cards...

Where do the reference designs / founders edition fall?

Where do the reference designs / founders edition fall?
Poor bang for the buck == way more expensive than non Founders versions.

Attachments

• MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G.png
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I got my 1070 up and running pretty smoothly, no issues with mac...

EDIT: Nevermind I figure out how i had to mirror them.

However, I have my 1070 connected via displayport. When I go to connect my Asus gaming monitor for windows via DVI port my mac desktop changes to "Desktop 3". Is that spaces? I'm unable to get off that screen.

Actually i nearly posted a similar question earlier before attempting anything. After installing the new Nvidia driver I was getting this 3rd desktop problem. I had to switch to the OSX driver and reboot then go my desktop back (nothing I tried would make it switch to the correct desktop, crtl 1 etc)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back