Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it better to wait a weeks the final release (for a newbie like me) who is on Asus Z270/ kabylake i5 7600k and Asus gtx 1070 and 10.12.3 or I can already try the beta ?

You'll have to be on 10.12.4 to my understanding, so if nothing else even if you don't make the cutover to beta drivers it'll help to get your system on the right dot release. Otherwise, my 1080 has been rock solid all morning. Been working in Unity3D all day with no hiccups.

Not too impressed, got a black screen after booting so I tried everything to fix it. AGDPFix, SIP 0x67, iMac15,1/iMac17,1/iMac14,2, disabled iGPU etc. but the only thing that helped was unplugging my DP monitor and then hotplugging after boot. Now sleep doesn't work but it could be because I switched SMBIOS around, ill have to switch back and see.

edit: switched back to 14,2 but still no sleep

Last edited:
Not too impressed, got a black screen after booting so I tried everything to fix it. AGDPFix, SIP 0x67, iMac15,1/iMac17,1/iMac14,2, disabled iGPU etc. but the only thing that helped was unplugging my DP monitor and then hotplugging after boot. Now sleep doesn't work but it could be because I switched SMBIOS around, ill have to switch back and see.

Same, passing several hours and get black screen on after boot :lol:

EDIT: https://www.tonymacx86.com/goto/post?id=1477542#post-1477542
and hotplug while boots up
IT WORKS

Last edited:
Notes for future travelers:
  1. Update your Clover config for NvidiaWeb: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
  2. If you're having trouble getting the "Nvidia Web Driver" setting to persist in Control Panel, install updated Clover and remember to select "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" from the drivers section. (Def had to do this on GA-Z170X-Designare)
  3. If you're getting black screen on boot on iMac 17,1, remember to disable IGPU in BIOS and install NvidiaGraphicsFixup/Lilu as listed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/ (I did so in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12)
Otherwise happy to report that with the prep work above there was no other mucking about to be done:
leWoU0E.png
3. worked for my GTX 1070 and iMac 17,1

Thumps up!!

So, anyone wants to buy by 1-month-old 980 Ti :).

In all seriousness, with an ACTUALLY modular Mac Pro coming, I would consider ditching my Hackintosh and invest in one of those, knowing that I would be able to upgrade it in the future.

Just updated macOS Sierra to 10.12.4 and clover up-to-date, installed drivers and working everything like a charm!

This simply awesome.

I'm using MacPro5,1 profile with a GTX 1080 Gigabyte G1 ;)

Still getting ”graphics hit a snag” when using the just released Web Drivers 378.05.05.05f01 and trying to start a game in Duelyst. No one here is playing that game? This happens with both a GTX 970 and a GTX 670. If I use ”OS X Default Graphics Drivers” with the GTX 670 it works fine. I also wonder if everything being red in the game The Witness when playing with the GTX 970 is fixed (haven't tried yet). Works fine if using the GTX 670 both with the Web Drivers and without.

Always something, huh?

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

Thanks very much, its now working fine !
Had to to Problem 6, and after that remove nv_disable=1 from config.plis did the trick for me !
Many thx

One more problem, how to enable HDMI audio ?

Running EVGA GTX1070 SC version btw..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 20.24.29.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 20.24.29.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 333
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back