Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and then installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) displays out via HDMI. Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. What gives man? I'm not sure what else I could possibly do

Be aware
An newer CUDA version is needed but not available now :(
capture 2017-04-11 à 13.02.51.png
Not anymore
capture 2017-04-11 à 17.11.15.png

Last edited:
Just did a fresh install. Have an Asus GTX 1080 Strix working smooth!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 4.13.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 4.13.43 AM.png
    127 KB · Views: 368
I updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and then installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) displays out via HDMI. Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. What gives man? I'm not sure what else I could possibly do

Same problem here with MSI 1070, when I choose via Nvidia panel (Finder bar) to use the Nvidia Web Drivers it reverts to the OS X ones, eventually via Clover + that option I manage (I think) to boot with the Nvidia Web Drivers but after the first verbose info the monitor just loses signal, If I choose Inject Nvidia it works but with the OS X Drivers :(

Same problem here with MSI 1070, when I choose via Nvidia panel (Finder bar) to use the Nvidia Web Drivers it reverts to the OS X ones, eventually via Clover + that option I manage (I think) to boot with the Nvidia Web Drivers but after the first verbose info the monitor just loses signal, If I choose Inject Nvidia it works but with the OS X Drivers :(

Probably Problem 6.

Hi! Thank you for your response, just tried everything specified there and still not working, every time I tried to boot from Nvidia Web Drivers the monitor just loses signal so If I want to see anything I have to force the OS X Drivers, I think I'm gonna try to reinstall macOS and try again :S

this seems to be a verbose prob because if I boot up without verbose everything is ok

Hey Jonathon

I wonder if you could help a noob out and tell me which GTX card you have and the steps you took to get it working - I have same motherboard as you and wonder like to purchase same GPU. many thanks.

Same problem

Not helps

It's starting to become very annoying. I have tried everything - tried all the different system definitions, run the ADGPfix, and also tried to edit the info.plist manually - just get a black screen after the Apple logo. Without "inject nVidia" the GTX 1080 is not recognized at all, but with nVidia injected the card is recognized, but only with 8mb of ram, but are still not able to boot without nv_disable´1. NvidiaWeb is also injected in config.plist, but still not working.

In the info.plist from AppleGraphisControl.kext, I noticed that the build ID is 16E189 and not 16E195. Don't know if this is the problem.

If there is anyone who has an idea what may be wrong, I would love to hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back