Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time. I have a feeling that a lot of hackintosh users are gonna be too busy playing with their computers tonight instead of getting some sleep. :)

working also here on 1080 ^ _ ^

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 6.55.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 6.55.18 AM.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 227
Web Driver doesn't seem to want to enable for me. I've tried the new method and the nvda_drv=1 method and nothing.

Any suggestions?

Same with me, When I try to switch to Webdrivers my PC loses signal right after the Apple Logo.
My problem is different. It just switches back to default drivers after reboot.

lalala long
About_This_Mac.jpg
CUDA_Preferences.jpg

[Ready] replacement Files for temporary cuda operation on .zip

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
So, pascal works but now comes the next problem:

Night Shift and programs for the brightness does not work anymore!

Make sure to use the ADGPFix for black screen after the Apple logo! You need to make sure to disable the GPU with nv_disable=1 to get past the boot screen, and run the fix.

I'm browsing through the OS to see if I notice any glitches, and while I ran through a few, it seems like a simple restart seemed to fix them for me.

The iBooks issue everyone was having with Maxwell doesn't seem to happen anymore, at least for me.

Night shift and brightness are both working

If you are having problems with NVIDIA web drivers reverting to macOS drivers, re-install clover.

Last edited:
Make sure to use the ADGPFix for black screen after the Apple logo! You need to make sure to disable the GPU with nv_disable=1 to get past the boot screen, and run the fix.

I'm browsing through the OS to see if I notice any glitches, and while I ran through a few, it seems like a simple restart seemed to fix them for me.

The iBooks issue everyone was having with Maxwell doesn't seem to happen anymore, at least for me.

Night shift and brightness are both working

If you are having problems with NVIDIA web drivers reverting to macOS drivers, re-install clover.

Do you have your IGP enabled, even if you aren't actively using it? The iBooks issue can be 'fixed' by having another available renderer that's usable by CoreAnimation. Doesn't require a display to be attached.

I've dug through the new drivers and I see nothing that would fix the iBooks issue. The Metal/GL driver bundles are still signed by Nvidia and thus unloadable by applications signed with library validation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back