Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It great, only thing i need to reach GPU nirvana, is possibility to disable second Nvidia GPU for Mac OS.

I want to use second older GPU because of Windows XP retro gaming, its working fine with Win 7, 10 multiboot, but im not sure if Mac OS is able to boot/work correctly with two PCI-E GPUs? I just need to make Mac OS to ignore second GPU, i dont need SLI or use it for PhysX etc..

I was able to make Windows XP booting on Broadwell machine, there are X99 boards with WinXP support too.

It great, only thing i need to reach GPU nirvana, is possibility to disable second Nvidia GPU for Mac OS.

I want to use second older GPU because of Windows XP retro gaming, its working fine with Win 7, 10 multiboot, but im not sure if Mac OS is able to boot/work correctly with two PCI-E GPUs? I just need to make Mac OS to ignore second GPU, i dont need SLI or use it for PhysX etc..

I was able to make Windows XP booting on Broadwell machine, there are X99 boards with WinXP support too.
As long as your macOS boot GPU is in slot 1 it should work fine.

This is a little OT and I'm not trying to tell you your business, but if you already have a working Win10 install, it might be easier to run XP in VirtualBox or other VM with 3D acceleration for legacy gaming. The DX9 support is pretty dang good, and I doubt older games would stress that out too much.

OMG< Finally, I can upgrade the system after five years. Question? Can I just upgrade the GPU without exchange anything else? Sorry if the question sounds stupid. But I do like all my current gear so far; everything is working. The only major change is the 1 4k tv and one 2 k monitor. it wont work.
Probably - as long as you are running the latest macOS and have the new drivers installed (I think they will be released next week).

Can't wait!

The prices of 10 series GPUs are going rise。

This is my life. Bought a 980Ti on eBay the day before this announcement! Still happy as hell about the news, and I won't be buying anything else until Apple announces Kaby support ;)

Actually wanted to trade my 1080 for a Titan X (Maxwell) but got this news before the trade went trough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back