Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
waaaaaahhhoooouuuuuu !!!

This is great good news ! now i can disable my HD530 and buy a brand new 1060 GTX !
Thx www.tonymacx86.com

Yay. Glad I didn't wipe my M.2 SSD of Mac OS! This is awesome news.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect timing too. I just bought a z170x-ud5 TH yesterday to do a new build finally.

Now if they could just get the Gen 7 CPUs working... I want a 7700x over the 6700x if I can.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect timing too. I just bought a z170x-ud5 TH yesterday to do a new build finally.

Now if they could just get the Gen 7 CPUs working... I want a 7700x over the 6700x if I can.

Haven't some already had success with Gen 7? Or are there issues?

Not perfect timing for us. We've been waiting nearly a year with no response to hundreds of attempts to Nvidia for clarification.

Can't wait. Very sad this took so long.
Make Mac Pro again!

OMG< Finally, I can upgrade the system after five years. Question? Can I just upgrade the GPU without exchange anything else? Sorry if the question sounds stupid. But I do like all my current gear so far; everything is working. The only major change is the 1 4k tv and one 2 k monitor. it wont work.

Only for Sierra? Or the new driver will be also for el Capitan?
I'm hoping for el capitan support as well!
I'm also at El Capitan, but I believe it's not a good release to stay at for too long: The Disk Utility is badly broken in El Capitan, and it seems they improved it in Sierra (well, unlikely it will get close to the older Disk Utility in all its glory, but still I think it's better in Sierra than in ElCap).

So, the Pascal drivers will trigger my update to Sierra. Now I hope to plan the update in an efficient and safe way...

Question? Can I just upgrade the GPU without exchange anything else? Sorry if the question sounds stupid.
Well, no one outside an Nvidia lab has seen the drivers yet, so we don't know if there will be any issues or additional steps. If we're lucky, it'll be as easy as using a Maxwell card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back