Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I kept that OSX SSD.

So in anticipation I clean installed my Hackintosh partition with 10.12.4 today, installing OS X on non Apple hardware is so easy now compared to back in the X58 days when I first got into it. It took considerably longer to download and create the new USB installer than it did to install and do post install setup.

Can anybody tell me if AGDPFix is still required on 17,1? The reason I'm asking is I have my def set to 17,1 (I want it showing Skylake) and I also have to current (non working) Nvidia Web Driver installed (I've installed it so the Nvidia updater will get the pascal driver for me as soon as it comes out). The Nvidia tool says the Nvidia web driver is active on my system yet I don't get the black screen bug at boot. I'm worried that once the working driver comes out I will get the bug.

Should I just install AGDPFix or should I wait and see if I get the bug next week?

So excited! :clap:

Can't wait to toss out the 760 and upgrade to a 1070.
I imagine playing The Witcher 3 will be a much improved experience :D

Very happy with these news as I´ll finally push to actually build my dual boot hackintosh system. Can´t wait for the first people to port successful build so I can order my broadcom wifi card and a new SSD and give this thing a go!

This is very exciting. I'm happy for everyone who's been waiting for this for 10 or 11 months now. My primary PC has a Skylake 6600K and GTX 1070, so it'd be very tailored towards this. Maybe I'll have a look for myself.

Woohoo! Upgrading from 550 Ti to 1050 Ti is gonna feel good, can't wait!

Just my +1 to the 'woohoo's :)

I've been out of Hackintosh and just using my MacBook Air since going from an old 950 CPU to a Skylake 6700 for my gaming machine (with GTX1080). I may just decide to dual boot it once more. Will have to see how much else of the build is compatible before getting too into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back