Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news!

Guys, would you reccomend going for 1070/1080(ti) or the new Titan Xp?
I mostly do a lot of graphics editing buy 1070 would be fine for that.
I play in 4K though.

been waiting for this forever. Windows X is not my favorite OS. However, after months of watching..and with my old Hack main boot drive waiting for an update, I know I'l be able to get these specs running :D

Capture.PNG

If someone will sell current video card like 960-970 i can buy)

great news waiting for driver to release

Maybe this is too soon, but how would one know if these drivers will allow something like Adobe Lightroom to access the GPU? :confused:

That is why I'm excited but on the other hand have doubts if these new Pascal cards and (beta) drivers will cure the Adobe app glitches we currently experience with the so called fully supported Maxwell cards.
In best case scenario these Pascal drivers even include a cure for the Maxwell/Adobe glitches but in worst case scenario nothing changed and the glitches are still apparent for both cards.
I don't want to get the bad news after buying an expensive cards like the 1070/1080 so will take my time and ask around first. Hopefully some good souls are willing to test this out when the beta drivers have arrived.

I don't see many people complain about these Adobe glitches though which makes me wonder if it's only a certain a combo of hardware that is affected (or osx86 only) or maybe only those who use sleep/wake often. It's obviously no use to tone down the settings or even disable them, that would render these cards useless and one might as well use the iGPU.

So why would NVIDIA suddenly release them now?

Have they been hiding them and after Apples ************, gave them the green light to release?

Highly likely.

There was an email from nVidia's CEO and he said it's hard to release anything without the help of Apple -- which probably means Apple needs to greenlight any macOS release.

It's not a coincidence that this news comes out 1.5 days after Apple said they are rethinking the Mac Pro to make it more upgradeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why I'm excited but on the other hand have doubts if these new Pascal cards and (beta) drivers will cure the Adobe app glitches we currently experience with the so called fully supported Maxwell cards.
In best case scenario these Pascal drivers even include a cure for the Maxwell/Adobe glitches but in worst case scenario nothing changed and the glitches are still apparent for both cards.
I don't want to get the bad news after buying an expensive cards like the 1070/1080 so will take my time and ask around first. Hopefully some good souls are willing to test this out when the beta drivers have arrived.

I don't see many people complain about these Adobe glitches though which makes me wonder if it's only a certain a combo of hardware that is affected (or osx86 only) or maybe only those who use sleep/wake often. It's obviously no use to tone down the settings or even disable them, that would render these cards useless and one might as well use the iGPU.

Which glitches? The only issue i have experienced is photoshop showing mangled lines when drawing on my 27" Cintiq, which was solved by 'downgrading' the PS accelleration from advanced to basic (On a gtx970). These days i only run windows while waiting for the beta driver for my gtx1070 :)
I do have the full Adobe CC subscription so i can test for you if you want when the beta driver comes.

What glitches are you getting?

The only problem I have is Sierra has memory leaks and sometimes macOS just says "You have run out of memory" when I have Adobe apps open (which is odd)...El Capitan never had this problem with this same system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back