Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a fresh install and everything working. Seems to be a glitch in Safari toolbar icons otherwise all looks good so far.

I updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and then installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) displays out via HDMI. Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. What gives man? I'm not sure what else I could possibly do

Double check, as I had to, that the NvidiaWeb key in your config.list is set to <true/>. In mine it had gone altogether for some reason.
:)

Is a fresh install necessary for this coming from an RX 480? I do have everything backed upped but would like to avoid doing a fresh install if I don't have to.

Is a fresh install necessary for this coming from an RX 480? I do have everything backed upped but would like to avoid doing a fresh install if I don't have to.
Shouldn't be. The RX Kext patches don't interact with the nvidia stuff.

nVidia prompted me to update (what a lovely surprise). The update went great, I shut down, installed the 1070, booted great too.

Cinebench: 126.54 fps (!)

but: iBooks still doesn't work. Darn. Still, this is wonderful!

My experience:

Issue: after install webdrivers monitor going to sleep at boot (iMac 14,2)
GPU: MSI 1070 via display port
Solve: set my monitor with Display Port v1.1 (not 1.2)

Now working! (an with metal support)

It's absolutely amazing, that made my journey :mrgreen:

Is it better to wait a weeks the final release (for a newbie like me) who is on Asus Z270/ kabylake i5 7600k and Asus gtx 1070 and 10.12.3 or I can already try the beta ?

I'm like a kid who want to try his toy, I hope all dad will understand :lol:
Nice day for the community :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back