CPU
intel Xeon 5650 (3.8 ghz)
Graphics
Gainward Geforce gtx 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HI everybody, I had a perfectly working Hackintosh with SL and LION (MSI x58 pro-E, i7 920, MSI Geforce 9800GT 1 GB) but I can't even boot the INSTALLER i made with xMOVE (system reboots quickly). I can't understand what the issue is, is maybe the graphic card no more supported in ML? Any suggestions?

thanks

Did you try typing PCIRootUID=0 when at the USB Boot selection screen ? I had to do this to get my 9800gtx to boot into installer but once ML installed and multibeast installed, it boots up no problem.

Did you try typing PCIRootUID=0 when at the USB Boot selection screen ? I had to do this to get my 9800gtx to boot into installer but once ML installed and multibeast installed, it boots up no problem.

tried.....same result! :( ..and I cannot even try to understand what's the problem because booting in verbose mode it reboots suddenly. The only thing I could read at the beginnings was "ACPI table not found"...suggestions?

Try flagging -x -v and see what happens...you'll need to either revert to using efi-strings to get this card working or grab the nvdhall50 kext from lion and replace the one in S/L/E for mountain lion then it works. I have the same card

tried replacing the kext too....same result!

I had to install no extra kexts no graphics string for the GT9800 motherboard should not mater but I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD5H. Unless you broke into my house and messed with some kexts while I did the install they are not needed. In another box I could't get both a hd3000 and a 9600gt to play nice together and had some difficulty getting the 9600gt to run alone had to delete the extra folder then boot unibeast using -x the used mutitbeast to reload the things necessary in the "extra" folder but then the 9600gt is running without any extra kexts or efi stings either.

Sorry, you need both the NVDAResman and NVDANV50Hal kext from DP4...install with kextbeast reboot and your all set. I'm uploading the files and will edit this post, keep them handy as they may be needed after each update to restore graphics acceleration until you upgrade to a new card. This is the only method i know of with success on 10.8.1. Also make sure you have graphics enabler yes in plist

tried deleting both and all NVIDIA kexts and replaced with the LION's ones, tried even to delete all them..... same result! :(

tried deleting both and all NVIDIA kexts and replaced with the LION's ones, same result! :(

Maybe the cards have different device ID's i'm up and running perfectly, took me a ton of work to get it going. I have the 9800GT 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back