Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently picked up a used GeForce 9600 GT 1GB and put it into an old Hackintosh I had built 3 years ago. I plugged it in and it was identified by the system without issue, though only at 1024x768.

Basically anything I've read about the card seems to imply that it should just work, so I'm not quite sure how to go about tackling why I'm only getting default resolution. I've tried booting with both GE=Y and N which seems to be the only suggestion I've seen for how to get it working. I'm not 100% sure if QE/CI is working. Chess will boot up, but the launchpad transitions seem herky jerky.

The board I'm using it with is a GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L and runs with no DSDT. When I try to put the system to sleep it simply does nothing, so it doesn't go to sleep, it just seems to choose to ignore the command which I found odd.

If anyone had any insight to add as to hot to get this card up to speed it would be appreciated.

I know its super late - have you had any luck?
I have a 9600gt (oem - not branded) working perfect in my 10.8.2 on a ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 with sandy bridge
no drivers or nothing just worked - I know that doesnt really help but if you have sleep issues -- you may try re-installing - which im sure by this point you have

You can try with NVEnabler64 kext and GraphicsEnabler=Yes - works on 8800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back