Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Intel 530 (onboard)
Success is an elusive creature with my latest hack build. After initial resolution problems on onboard graphics (ga z170x UD6 TH), I got my monitor running at 2560x1440 by using an hdmi-dvi adapter. However, I really need my higher resolution monitor for work. So... I took the plunge and installed my gtx 960 gaming (g1 4gb). After installing the latest nvidia drivers it now shows in my system report as a 14mb vram card with no name and "no kext loaded". The computer boots and runs fine, so that is something. The card also seems to work because plugging in the dual dp cables I need to power my display does something. Just not enough. My 5K display now runs at 2560x1440 on the dual dp cables.

A known mac fix is to run dp to mdp which should theoretically put the monitor at 4K, however, that puts it at 1060. So no joy there either.

Downloading the nvidia web driver and trying to switch to that is not working, after reboot the system automatically runs the default driver. Not that it would have likely made a difference anyway as it rund nvidia's latest update.

Alas, wondering if anyone else has managed to get their high resolution displays going. System specs:

GA z170X ud5 th
GTX 960 Gaming G1 4G
I7 skylake
16 gb balistix sport ram

running osx 10.11.5

Any suggestions welcome! Succes stories too, that'll give me some hope this is possible :)

Put the boot flag nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.

Put the boot flag nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.

Hi there slim jim. I've tried various combinations of bios and bootflags. The trouble is, no matter what bios settings I select, if I put a bootflag with nvda_drv=1, I either get stuck not booting at all, or if I set it on a bootable combination of settings, I get to the log-in screen, but with no dialogue box for the password showing. If I punch in my password on this screen, I do get to my homescreen, but there is no mouse and the keyboard becomes unresponsive. Menus appear as greyed out, not accessible. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back