Contribute
Register

Nvidia 8400 or 610 for running garageband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
win7
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
ati 4350 hd, 512 mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

Im going to buy a gpu that allows me run garageband in mavericks,
My actual gpu is a xfx ati hd 4350 512 mb and I just cant install ML or Mavericks.

I've seen that this gpu is not much compatible.. Do I decide to buy a new one buf here is the deal,
I dont want to spend much money, so I want to know if. The evga nvidia geforce 8400 or 610 is recomended for me?

The rest of parts are these

i5 intel graphics 2500
Msi h61m p20 motherboad
8gb ram

Thank you for your opinions, scuse me for my english im from Chile..

Hello everyone,

Im going to buy a gpu that allows me run garageband in mavericks,
My actual gpu is a xfx ati hd 4350 512 mb and I just cant install ML or Mavericks.

I've seen that this gpu is not much compatible.. Do I decide to buy a new one buf here is the deal,
I dont want to spend much money, so I want to know if. The evga nvidia geforce 8400 or 610 is recomended for me?

The rest of parts are these

i5 intel graphics 2500
Msi h61m p20 motherboad
8gb ram

Thank you for your opinions, scuse me for my english im from Chile..

Between these two options I would opt for the GT610 over the 8400 as it is a little more powerful and is also a newer chipset so will likely be supported for longer in OS X. A passively cooled model may also be the quietest option in the long term as the small fans on these models often get quite noisy over time.

thanks for that advice, I will take that..

So, I wont have problems with compatibility, right?

Installing with a Ati card has been hard, mostly for a noob like me..

thanks for that advice, I will take that..

So, I wont have problems with compatibility, right?

Installing with a Ati card has been hard, mostly for a noob like me..

Its not always so much as ATI vs NVIDIA. It more about what Apple has included support for. The NVIDIA 6** series has been supported well through Mountain Lion & Mavericks and support is there in Yosemite too. I cannot forecast the future support that Apple will give it, but the 8400 is an older card and some people might reasonably expect that support for it may fall away quicker.

Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the Chimera screen and select this option in Multibeast to make it a permanent setting.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Last edited:
Ok, I will buy today the Gpu.. and follow the steps you told me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back