Nvidia GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I've recently upgraded my machine from a GTX 660 to GTX 780 and subsequently started using the NVIDIA Web drivers. With my old screen that used DVI, it worked perfectly - boot, sleep, wake from sleep etc.

Then I purchased the Dell U2515H monitor that has only Mini Displayport's, no DVI. If I boot into Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, the machine works fine, screen displays at BIOS boot and Windows boot, no problem - so I know it works.

If I boot into Yosemite 10.10.3 then I get a blank screen, but I know its booted okay. The monitor power light slowly flashes and the display says 'no signal going into power save mode'. The strange thing is if I change the input on the monitor to HDMI and then back to Mini Displayport, I see the login screen.

I've tried Storks recommendations of disabling Internal Graphics in my Z77-DS3H BIOS and boot from PCI only, no joy. Also I have the right nrv_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 in the Kernel Flags in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

I'm sure its a Power Management issue on the driver but don't know where to start without breaking something.

Does anyone have any ideas on this problem please? Thanks for your great support community.

Migrate to Clover in UEFI mode, set BIOS settings for CSI to "none" (that defeats legacy boot) and you will see your issue gone.
Correct boot flags is "nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1"

This worked for me! thanks! (980ti / U2515H)

Migrate to Clover in UEFI mode, set BIOS settings for CSI to "none" (that defeats legacy boot) and you will see your issue gone.
Correct boot flags is "nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1"

Hey What do you mean under CSI in BIOS settings? I have same issue with GTX960 and no signal in Displayport and I'm looking for solution :(

use bootflag nv_disable=1

then when you're in OSX install the nvidia webdrivers and cuda drivers(optional)

Hi,

I just upgraded from an old Apple 23" Display which was connected via a DVI cable to my X99 system and didn't have any boot issue's at all.

Since using my the new Dell U2515H display Ive now been having a problem with it going to sleep every time I boot up which is connected via its supplied mini displayport to displayport cable.

As the system is booting after the apple logo a message appears saying "Entering Power Saving Mode" then it sleeps (but system is still running)

Ive found that I have to turn the display off then on again to fix this issue, then all is working perfect.

If I put the system to sleep it wakes up with no problem.... strange o_O

Also I've noticed that in the System Report/Graphics/Display section, it recognises the Dell U2515H and shows the correct resolution of 2560 x 1440, But shows @59 Hz instead of 60 Hz?...

Everything else is running fine, sharp picture colours etc...

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2 with the latest Nvidia GPU Driver.

My System Build is =

Gigabyte UD4 X99 v1.1
Intel 5820k i7 CPU
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
Corsair RM750i PSU
Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

Please can anyone help?...

Many Thanks

Noodlez

Since using my the new Dell U2515H display Ive now been having a problem with it going to sleep every time I boot up which is connected via its supplied mini displayport to displayport cable.

As the system is booting after the apple logo a message appears saying "Entering Power Saving Mode" then it sleeps (but system is still running)

Ive found that I have to turn the display off then on again to fix this issue, then all is working perfect.

I suppose you might have figured this out already, but I had the same problem for a while (same monitor). From another thread on these forums, I found out that disabling display port 1.2 from the monitor seems to solve the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back