Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have got an Nvidia 7100 graphics card and after using the guide of using iBoot and Multibeast I had Snow Leopard working all apart from audio and graphics. I enabled audio using kexts but do not know what to do for graphics card. I want to change the resolution of the card from the only one available - 800 x 600 to 1280 x 720. Is this possible and also do I need to enable QE/CI which I keep hearing about. How would I go about doing these things?

Thanks for any help in Advance.

Abhi_UK said:
I have got an Nvidia 7100 graphics card and after using the guide of using iBoot and Multibeast I had Snow Leopard working all apart from audio and graphics. I enabled audio using kexts but do not know what to do for graphics card. I want to change the resolution of the card from the only one available - 800 x 600 to 1280 x 720. Is this possible and also do I need to enable QE/CI which I keep hearing about. How would I go about doing these things?

Thanks for any help in Advance.
I don't think your graphics card is supported.

So there is no way I can make it work at all? I've seen people trying to get it work but the threads are incomplete and not very helpful.

Could I use the Nvidia DSDT guide on this site to enable it?

I have posted on Insanelymac where someone posted I can make it work in 32 bit using the "Guide for all nVidia Boards"(Search in google) which would make it work. I have one issue, because I am running 10.6.5 the NVDAResman.kext doesn't have a space for Device ID which is in the guide for me to add for it to work. What can I do?

Also I was wondering how cards such as 7200 work and for some people without much effort and how 7100 isn't supported at all.

In current source of Chameleon bootloader,
(cf http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... o/nvidia.c)
GeForce 7100 GS is present.

So, if you can inject device properties, this card will work.
Try some injectors such as Natit.kext, NVinject.kext, NVkush.kext .

If you want to use 10.6.3 or higher, you would better to add arch=i386 option.
NVIDIA 7x00 are not supported for Q/E in 64bit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back