Contribute
Register

nVidia 580GTX + Yosemite problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I found a topic with this issue, I'm having this issue with my GTX560SC, not only after rotating images in Preview.app, but copying images from Preview.app to clipboard reproduce this problem as well.

So I suppose everyone still has the issue.
I have not been able to solve this myself. It is really frustrating as I can't do any image editing at all on this machine. I have had this machine running OSX for 4 years and only Yosemite has given me any issue.
Other then this problem it is rock stable.

Dear All ,

I found HTC post extremely interesting and by the way I recently notice the same problem on gtx 460.
I bought (before reading this post :banghead:) an EVGA Gtx 580. I got it from ebay and it was a very reasonable price for such a GC (around 100$). Now , I did not received the GC yet , but did someone tried with the new cuda released after HTC post?

One question which Webdrivers are you using?
In general how is performing GTX 580 on Yosemite?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!

I forgot to link the new Cuda
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.32-driver.html

Sorry for the delayed answer
I don't use any driver for GTX580 just Cuda and it can be update from System Performances panel.
I'm still using Mavericks because of this issue.

Sorry for the delayed answer
I don't use any driver for GTX580 just Cuda and it can be update from System Performances panel.
I'm still using Mavericks because of this issue.

nVidia Webdriver not compatible with this graphics card.

But I found a solution for Preview.app for now. If you have Mavericks machine or you can just find Preview.app from Mavericks 10.9.5, replace it with Yosemite it works fine and doesn't destroy your images. It works for me. For the case you don't have I included here. It's Preview.app from Mavericks 10.9.5

Attachments

• Preview.app.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 74
lol is this still an issue in 10.10.3??? Lol... Ya it is really annoying as hell.

Just checked that in 10.10.3 it is working and I am using latest nvidia web driver. Dont know if it was an apple or nvidia driver issues but I can confirm that this is fixed now in 10.10.3.

Still have the issue here :
GTX 570 + 10.10.3

---
Also fermi freeze came back since Yosemite upgrade (disappeared in 10.9)
FCPX often crashes.

GTX560SC, OS X 10.10.3, still with the issue.

nVidia Webdriver not compatible with this graphics card.

But I found a solution for Preview.app for now. If you have Mavericks machine or you can just find Preview.app from Mavericks 10.9.5, replace it with Yosemite it works fine and doesn't destroy your images. It works for me. For the case you don't have I included here. It's Preview.app from Mavericks 10.9.5

It works. Is there a way to change the language of the Preview.app? And wouldn't mess with the system?

GTX560SC, OS X 10.10.3, still with the issue.

It works. Is there a way to change the language of the Preview.app? And wouldn't mess with the system?

I don't know how to change the language only for specific app.

The problem remains in the El Capitano P 10.11 :(

I don't know how to change the language only for specific app.

The problem remains in the El Capitano P 10.11 :(
The good news is that I don't have this problem in El Capitan Public Beta 1&2

problem fixed for me with 10.10.4 and nvidia drivers 346.02.02f03, i didnt even update the drivers because never worked so well as it is working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back