Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to inform:

ML 10.8.5 installed without problems. All is working ok, and Nvidia updated their drivers and the CUDA drivers too.

sorry, gtx 550 will work natively with 10.8.5?

Without app or fix various modifications?

Sorry for my bad english

sorry, gtx 550 will work natively with 10.8.5?

Without app or fix various modifications?

Sorry for my bad english

You can follow my guide on page 117 to update from 10.8.3 or 10.8.4 to 10.8.5.
As you know, GTX do work natively, BUT it's unstable. You have to install Freeze Fix App, to solve the random freezes problem.
If you want, you can install nVidia official drivers and CUDA drivers, as I did.
But aside from that, you didn't need to install anything else, and all will work fine.

You can follow my guide on page 117 to update from 10.8.3 or 10.8.4 to 10.8.5.
As you know, GTX do work natively, BUT it's unstable. You have to install Freeze Fix App, to solve the random freezes problem.
If you want, you can install nVidia official drivers and CUDA drivers, as I did.
But aside from that, you didn't need to install anything else, and all will work fine.

thanks for the information.
I'm still at 10.7.4. I work with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, etc. ... and I need OpenCL active.
I would like to do a clean install to 10.8.5.
is it possible? and then follow the guide to fix app?

(sorry for my bad English always)

thanks for the information.
I'm still at 10.7.4. I work with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, etc. ... and I need OpenCL active.
I would like to do a clean install to 10.8.5.
is it possible? and then follow the guide to fix app?

(sorry for my bad English always)

Don't worry about your english, mine's not better either.

You can follow the guide, BUT the code to activate OpenCL after the update will not work. Don't worry, I have the new code.

After updating to 10.8.5, you must paste this command on the Terminal in order to fully activate OpenCL:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

And that's all. :)

Don't worry about your english, mine's not better either.

You can follow the guide, BUT the code to activate OpenCL after the update will not work. Don't worry, I have the new code.

After updating to 10.8.5, you must paste this command on the Terminal in order to fully activate OpenCL:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

And that's all. :)

thank you very much ... :)))
With lion 10.7.4 does not go bad, but usb 3.0 does not work well.
And Final Cut Pro X needs Mountain lion now ...

I hope to do the installation quickly, thanks again.

Hi guys, whats about the OSX Mavericks? does someone tested it already with 450gts?

Can someone tell me how can i move from 10.8.4 to 10.9 without losing my applications and data?

Thanks!

Did a clean install too, but I wasn't that lucky.

GraphicsEnabled=Yes: works fine, but does not wake from sleep. (PC powers up but screen remains black).
GraphicsEnabled=No: I can't even get to the login screen.

GTX 550ti also.

Any tips?

Aparently changing boot order from <UEFI ...> to <PX ...> solved the issue.

Did a clean install too, but I wasn't that lucky.

GraphicsEnabled=Yes: works fine, but does not wake from sleep. (PC powers up but screen remains black).
GraphicsEnabled=No: I can't even get to the login screen.

GTX 550ti also.

Any tips?

I never actually put the computer sleep. I just let the screen go black eventually. If I remember correctly sleep has never worked for me even on Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back