Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe we can have a command or flag for terminal app to get "kIOPMAssertionTypePreventUserIdleDisplaySleep" in console?.

By the way i'm still using now "Add Movie Wallpaper" much much better then running vlc player.

So maybe we can have a command or flag for terminal app to get "kIOPMAssertionTypePreventUserIdleDisplaySleep" in console?.

By the way i'm still using now "Add Movie Wallpaper" much much better then running vlc player.

Thanks n that would be nice I already had sleep disabled in system pref that didn't work.

Its just I don't want to run anything to prevent it from freezing. ESP an app I gotta pay for that ill never use.

Thanks n that would be nice I already had sleep disabled in system pref that didn't work.

Its just I don't want to run anything to prevent it from freezing. ESP an app I gotta pay for that ill never use.

well, google is your friend!

Well, at last I updated to 10.8.3 without problems. I needed to resolve some problems with some kexts, and then I updated via Combo Update.
Everything is working fine, and I even see that the system works better now. I didn't need to use the add movie wallpaper app, or vlc. I'm using the system with 10.8.3 since 4 days now, without problems.

Has anyone tried the Onyx 'fix', I mentioned it over in this thread, http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html where I managed to fix the random freezes on a 560ti after update to 10.8.3

I don't know how or why it worked, but by running the full maintenance schedule (Permissions/Scripts/Rebuild) , I haven't had any freezes for around 10 days now.
And others have reported some success with this method.

Maybe a long shot, but worth a try?

I can confirm that this Onyx twist is working on my
MSI Gtx 560 ti twin frozr ii
I've done a lot of testing and both manual/auto sleep is working.
My hack has now been running for 8 hours with no freeze at all.
Before i ran that Onyx full maintenance i had 2 - 3 freezes every hour.

I didn't install any Nvidia drivers or Cuda.
Just a clean 10.8.3 install

Unigine.png Luxmark.png OpenGL.png

Update:
16 hours with no freeze

After 24 hours with no freezes it came back.
I've given up and installed 10.8.2 and will wait for a permanent fix.
Maybe in 10.8.4 that freeze issue will be fixed

I can confirm that this Onyx twist is working on my
MSI Gtx 560 ti twin frozr ii
I've done a lot of testing and both manual/auto sleep is working.
My hack has now been running for 8 hours with no freeze at all.
Before i ran that Onyx full maintenance i had 2 - 3 freezes every hour.

I didn't install any Nvidia drivers or Cuda.
Just a clean 10.8.3 install

View attachment 54609 View attachment 54610 View attachment 54611

Update:
16 hours with no freeze

After 24 hours with no freezes it came back.
I've given up and installed 10.8.2 and will wait for a permanent fix.
Maybe in 10.8.4 that freeze issue will be fixed

I was doing
1: use the drive http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=401004&uk=1208036878 this link

2:use MultiBeast 5.3.0 patch opencl

3:
Rebuild the cache

than' it works~~~

but sometime i play lol will nvidia opencl timeout~~~

sorry my english...i am china~

My advice to Nvidia Fermi GPU users is downgrade to 10.8.2 and run the OpenCL Patch in Multibeast 5.3.0.

For most Hackintosh users the 10.8.3 dosn't contain important updates.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5612?viewlocale=en_US

The Safari stand alone update (6.0.4) you can get here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15675/apple-safari

And BTY
sunygrdjc i've tried the kexts you pointed to combined with OpenGL Patch on a SuperDuper 10.8.3 backup and unfortunately that didn't solve the freeze problem for my GPU.

Well, at last I updated to 10.8.3 without problems. I needed to resolve some problems with some kexts, and then I updated via Combo Update.
Everything is working fine, and I even see that the system works better now. I didn't need to use the add movie wallpaper app, or vlc. I'm using the system with 10.8.3 since 4 days now, without problems.

@Shinji3rd did you do a fresh install of 10.8.3 or did you do the combo update? im really interested in your method! thanks in advance!

None of the fixes (besides VLC loop/movie wallpaper/installing older drivers) worked for me, my 560Ti kept freezing.

What seems to have worked is a fresh install of 10.8.3, not updating, but installing 10.8.3 directly.

3 days running without a freeze! :)

Hey guys, long time lurker here. looks like almost nobody got to fix the freeze.however I'm happy to announce that i have the same card and now have been running 10.8.3 without freezes for over a month.I'll post more info and a guide on request.

Have a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back