Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say that Random Freeze do occur at least for me, since this update came out no Freeze but today 2 Freeze. The system log shows the well know messages.

I also have 1 freeze exiting from screen sleep, but I suppose that the main cause is having the Graphics Adapter in state 3 (clock 50Mhz). Now I changed a little bit the AGPM to always stay in state 2 (450Mhz) that seems to be the best state for ML and I didn't see any more freeze.
Probably many people that simply doesn't know what is AGPM and that have their board at maximum frequency will never see freeze (may be they will change their graphics card ealier :D). For instance, who use the typical MacPro3,1 definition in SMSBios, will not use AGPM!!!!

In any case the benefit of the new driver, in performance and functionality, compared with the old one, are huge.

I also have 1 freeze exiting from screen sleep, but I suppose that the main cause is having the Graphics Adapter in state 3 (clock 50Mhz). Now I changed a little bit the AGPM to always stay in state 2 (450Mhz) that seems to be the best state for ML and I didn't see any more freeze.
Probably many people that simply doesn't know what is AGPM and that have their board at maximum frequency will never see freeze (may be they will change their graphics card ealier :D). For instance, who use the typical MacPro3,1 definition in SMSBios, will not use AGPM!!!!

In any case the benefit of the new driver, in performance and functionality, compared with the old one, are huge.

Mind posting your AGPM's info.plist?
I am using the GFX0 from iMac12,1 copied and pasted into MacPro5,1 and renamed to Vendor10deDevice1244

Mind posting your AGPM's info.plist?
I am using the GFX0 from iMac12,1 copied and pasted into MacPro5,1 and renamed to Vendor10deDevice1244

Now I have configured my hack as iMac12,1, attached the relative AGPM kext. Anyway if you prefer MacPro5,1 you can copy the value to MacPro5,1 section, the behavior should be the same.
But the most important think is to install the new FakeSMC, relative plugin and the new HWMonitor (that you can download from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors or direct install from the last Multibeast) and use it to see the clock of your GPU Core. Normally should stay to 405Mhz (with low GPU temperature 30-35°) and should go up only when running intensive graphics apps. But should never go down to 50 Mhz (state 3, problematic for OSX).

Attachments

• iMac12,1.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 235
Now I have configured my hack as iMac12,1, attached the relative AGPM kext. Anyway if you prefer MacPro5,1 you can copy the value to MacPro5,1 section, the behavior should be the same.
But the most important think is to install the new FakeSMC, relative plugin and the new HWMonitor (that you can download from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors or direct install from the last Multibeast) and use it to see the clock of your GPU Core. Normally should stay to 405Mhz (with low GPU temperature 30-35°) and should go up only when running intensive graphics apps. But should never go down to 50 Mhz (state 3, problematic for OSX).

36400d1351640718-nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-screen-shot-2012-10-30-5.44.44-pm.png

This is right after installing your AGPM into MacPro5,1. Help?
Edit: It switches to 405mhz a few minutes after boot, but what worries me is that it still uses g-state 3:
attachment.php

(ignore the failed to load messages, that was me being silly)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 5.44.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 5.44.44 PM.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,477
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 5.57.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 5.57.10 PM.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,507
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some one can give me a hand on AGPM?

As i had not one entry in console about AGPM i have now changed the profile from MacPro3.1 to MacPro5.1

Now i have only two entries. i have attached a image. Also on the same image you can se HWMonitor App i have now GPU Core 50MHz, before with MacPro3,1 i had 405MHz

Can someone tell me what the next step is to get more entries in the Console? what i need to edit to get the 405MHz?

Thanks

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-31 um 03.57.45.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-31 um 03.57.45.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 275
Maybe some one can give me a hand on AGPM?

As i had not one entry in console about AGPM i have now changed the profile from MacPro3.1 to MacPro5.1

Now i have only two entries. i have attached a image. Also on the same image you can se HWMonitor App i have now GPU Core 50MHz, before with MacPro3,1 i had 405MHz

Can someone tell me what the next step is to get more entries in the Console? what i need to edit to get the 405MHz?

Thanks
Using the native AGPM didn't work for me, so I used aolivero's AGPM. Just rename iMac12,1 to MacPro5,1 and rename the other MacPro5,1 entry to something stupid, like MacPro10,1.

aolivero, are you using a legacy AGPM, because yours worked, while the native one didn't?

When using aolivero's AGPM on eVGA 550Ti with iMac 12.1 smbios, my GPU core stays constant at 951 Mhz, despite any changes in graphics use.

Hey guys
dumb question:

I was trying to follow aolivero's post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...i-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-10.html#post464818

but somehow I messed up at 3) c) that after I ran one of the lines i deleted all three framework folders (OpenGL.framework etc) and restarted the machine

now I can't pass the startup screen

I have the installation stick and can get to Terminal, how can I fix the system?

Or I have to reinstall......

thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back