Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what are you saying?

For installing the update from Apple you have to change your smbios to have a compatible machine, but I have already extracted the new NVidia Driver included in the update and attached in my previous post, so you don't have to install the whole update.
You didn't read my post?

Great news!!!

With last special update for new Macs Apple released new NVidia driver version 304.10.20f04 that seems to solve all the issue (at least for me).

The installation instruction are always the same (update both kext and framework). Attached updated Kext and framework.

For OpenCL apply this patch using terminal after new kext installation:

Code:
sudo perl -p -i.old -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); } ' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Good luck...
Can you tell me these things:
1. Does resolution changing work?
2. Can you run Unigine Heaven on high-shaders?
3. Can you run the Luxmark "Room" benchmark?
4. Does display sleep work?
5. Do random freezes occur?
6. What OpenCL, OpenGL, GPUSupport versions are you using?
Thanks!

Can you tell me these things:
1. Does resolution changing work?
2. Can you run Unigine Heaven on high-shaders?
3. Can you run the Luxmark "Room" benchmark?
4. Does display sleep work?
5. Do random freezes occur?
6. What OpenCL, OpenGL, GPUSupport versions are you using?
Thanks!

1) Yes
2) Yes (with DP3, the only one for me until now working without freeze, didn't)
3) Yes (result 251)
4) Yes
5) Until now, no!!!! (at least 4 hours intensive use)
6) Those included in the Apple update and inserted in my attachment, basically the last available (OpenCL Framework was updated to version 2.1.21) !!

Finally, it seems that Apple release fully working NVidia driver!!!

1) Yes
3) Yes (result 251)
4) Yes
6) Those included in the Apple update and inserted in my attachment, basically the last available (OpenCL Framework was updated to version 2.1.21) !!

I am pleased to say that the new drivers do fix all of my problems, and have had no freezes so far.

I hope you guys don't use internet tv or any other GPU performance while testing "freeze etc", because only then we know if the freeze is gone.

1) Yes
3) Yes (result 251)
4) Yes

Hi!

First, I wanna thank you. This new drivers are working great so far with no freezes at all, and with better benchmarks results than before.

However, I see an increase on GPU temps, now it's about 65-68 celsius idle. Could you confirm this?

Thanks!

Hi,

Great !

Can you explain again the process please ? I know there're lot of answer about it but it's not clear for me now...

I'm under 10.8 with Nvidia drivers

Do I update OSX to 10.8.2 > Install Nvidia drivers 10.8.2 > replace the files (Framwork / Kext) > And launch the sudo command in the terminal ?

I must install the kext with kext utility ? And for the Framwork ?

Thanks for your help !
Best,

Hi,

Great !

Can you explain again the process please ? I know there're lot of answer about it but it's not clear for me now...

I'm under 10.8 with Nvidia drivers

Do I update OSX to 10.8.2 > Install Nvidia drivers 10.8.2 > replace the files (Framwork / Kext) > And launch the sudo command in the terminal ?

I must install the kext with kext utility ? And for the Framwork ?

Thanks for your help !
Best,

Upgrade to 10.8.2, than follow the instruction in post #945 using the attached file in post #1003

All issues resolved here with my GTX560M with the new drivers!!!!

This is great!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back