Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you attach these DP3 kexts and frameworks here?
Thanks.

I leave here the magic kext and frameworks just follow vczilla´s directions to place them in the corrected folders, remember to repair permissions and rebuld kext caches.

Good Luck!!!

Attachments

• 10.8 DP3 Kext.zip
    79.8 MB · Views: 319
Do I use a kext tool like KextBeast or just copy the files into the directories where the originals are now?

After a lot of trial and error I have determined that using KextBeast does not properly load the .kext and .bundle and .plugin files. Switching to Kext Utility and running it twice solved my problems. I ran Kext Utility the first time installing the eight files. After it was done I looked in the /System/Library/Extensions directory and noticed that like KextBeast the newly installed files don't show up with the lego block icon but rather show up as directories with red dashes overlaid on the icon. Running Kext Utility again and just allowing it to rebuild the caches now shows the eight files with their respective lego block icon.

I ran the rest of the steps that vzcilla suggested and it appears my machine is now running the newest nVidia drivers. I confirmed that by running Cuda-Z and looking at the driver version number displayed.

Thanks to everyone for the steps to get these drivers loaded and I look forward to these being added to Multi Beast if it is going to be an ongoing thing with future driver releases.

I leave here the magic kext and frameworks just follow vczilla´s directions to place them in the corrected folders, remember to repair permissions and rebuld kext caches.

Good Luck!!!

Thank you areos

Now everything is working with my gtx 550, whit vczilla guide and old kext i have often random freez.

I upgraded from 10.8.1 with combo update, without restarting I installed new nvidia driver, had the typical startup problem 10.8.2 so I started with-x I replaced AplleACPIPlattform by Roolback, everything works perfect but OpenCL is not active

I upgraded from 10.8.1 with combo update, without restarting I installed new nvidia driver, had the typical startup problem 10.8.2 so I started with-x I replaced AplleACPIPlattform by Roolback, everything works perfect but OpenCL is not active
\]

Can you explain step by step what you mean by replaced AplleACPIPlattform by Roolback? I'm unfamiliar with most of this and would like my system to run perfect.

Thanks

the new drivers seems the same as the previous release, they are marked with 304.00.00f20 not 304.00.05f02 so maybe a mistake or just a install fix but no change in the build so no fix for our issues.

We need to wait to Apple to release a Full working driver, Nvidia´s branch has no Sleep/wake/resolution change issues but the freeze issue remain, and Apple has fix the Freeze but not the resolution/sleep/wake issue. I think they just finish the drivers for support his own hardware and let the Fermi driver as work in progress, and with the Facebook integration promised in 10.8.2 they had no time to spend in finish the work, so I hope for a full 10.8.3 driver.

But for now I use the ML DP3 178Q build drivers on my 10.8.2 install and I had no issue to report.

Good Luck

simply replaced Appleacpiplattform for this that attached with kext utility, is version 10.8.1

everithing works, no graphics freeze and sleep works too, only OpenCL is no enabled, I guess there will be some fix for this, to see if someone responds

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.Rollback.zip
    231.6 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back