Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!
OpenCL for my GT 430 is working now.

Can someone please tell me where i can find the "libclh.dylib" file, so i can make a Backup of them first.

thanks

Ahhh, i found it!!!

thanks

yep, i confirm too, after put the code in Terminal now my GTS 450 has also OpenCL Enabled, anyway, when i press start in the OceanWave App i get some kind flickering. (is this Normal? ? ?), but it looks like it is Enabled, as the OceanWave App would not open up if OpenCL is not enabled, this is my experience so far.

And i also notice a performance boost surfing on the Web! The Windows opens now a lot faster then before.

Thanks vczilla for your code & help.

OK, since i enabled OpenCL yesterday with the Code, i had 3 freezes since then. I hope nVidia will enable OpenCL in future update and fix this issue.

Hi guys n girls,
I've got problems :( My fps in games is lower then in windows and I really want to fix this so I can finally delete windows of my pc... Gaming stops me of using my Mac :( In Cinebench i get 18.5 fps while in windows i get 50 fps with MSI GTS 450 1GB... I really don't know why is opengl not working as supposed to... :banghead: Anyone has any thoughts on this? Also I cant use GLL in WoW, i get some strange lines, and faces are blacked as well as clothes and stuff...

Everything is a go on my side. About damn time!

Good, how? What did you use, r u gaming? what are frame rates? Please share your expirience =]

seems to have fixed the resolution change issue but everything else still isn't working properly: i.e. monitor sleep and hanging when playing/coming out of full screen videos

OK, since i enabled OpenCL yesterday with the Code, i had 3 freezes since then. I hope nVidia will enable OpenCL in future update and fix this issue.

Random freezes? What were ya doin when it froze? Just wondering...

A happy camper here too!

The freezes and random graphic glitches were starting to drive me crazy.
With the new Nvidia kext everything works way better, although I still have the occasional freeze and 'NVDA(OpenGL):Channel exception!' message in my logs.

Anyway I just wanted to share this patch for libclh.dylib since the old one doesn't work anymore and it's quite frustrating that OpenCL isn't working out of the box so to speak. And it took some time to work it out since Nvidia anonymized the function names in the library.

Just copy and paste this in a terminal window (don't forget to backup libclh.dylib beforehand).
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Alternatively you can use a hex editor to search for:
8b 81 1c 0c 00 00 eb 06 8b 81 20 0c 00 00

and replace it by:
b8 02 00 00 00 90 eb 06 b8 00 00 00 00 90

There should be only one occurrence of this in the whole file. The perl script will tell you the number of substitutions it made.

Normally it should take effect immediately so there's no need to reboot, it should also trigger a rebuild of the kernel cache.
If like me you're a cautious person feel free to do those two things manually.

Latest nvidia kext and this perl command solved issue for GTS 450. Now wake from sleep and switch off/on monitor works fine. No more blue screen o freeze like before. Really apreciate the help of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back