Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me again.

OK, now i also can confirm, Monitor Off/On while in Mountain Lion works, finally!
OpenGL is now working too!

what still is not working is:
Deep Sleep, does not work, still resets the CMOS and i need to restart the machine.

my install instructions.
As the installer failed for me too, i deleted the old Kext first and then installed it again with the installer, still gives me a failed message, but the kext was installed correctly.

UPDATE:::::
I had one freeze since i updated the drivers.
New Drivers do not affect the Fan's speed. Still nice smooth like it should be.

My last Update:
As i said a post above, the Deep Sleep still does not work, that means:

If i go to System Preferences / Energy Saver, and set the "Display" to 1 min. everything works, screen comes back after waking up by mouse click.
But if i set the "Computer" also to 1 min, so "both" are set to 1 min., then only the Monitor is going to sleep but not the Computer (CPU), and by waking up by Mouse both are frozen, Display & CPU, cant move mouse etc.. Restart is necessary.

Everything else is working fine so far.

Any idea,help or hint is welcome!

thanks

For those having sleep issues: try sleepenabler (afraid to try it for fear of breaking).
Tony, can you add this Fermi fix in Multibeast?

For those having sleep issues: try sleepenabler (afraid to try it for fear of breaking).
Tony, can you add this Fermi fix in Multibeast?

I already have SleepEnabler installed (the newest one), but this does not fix the Sleep issue. I think it's because of voltage issue or some kind bios settings, because as soon the CPU is involved in Sleep/Wake it will freeze. Monitor itself works fantastic now!

OK, I was right! Now "EVERYTHING" works.

Sleep does now also work, but only if i do not "overclock" my machine. That means.
Important is that the BCLK is set to "default". in Bios, in my case BCLK is "133"
So if you have problem with sleep, do not Overclock your machine, otherwise your machine will not wake up back, but crash and CMOS will reset.

So i really thinks that "SleepEnabler" needs a Update! As Sleep work wonderful on default settings, but as soon a machine is overclocked SleepEnabler fails.

Maybe the SleepEnabler creators can put hands on this ? ? ?

Sorry, there are too many pages and too many comments to read them all. I do not understand how you resolved. you can summarize what causes problems and how to fix?
you can write a step by step guide to fix this problem geforce? Thanks guys ... you are great! : D

Sorry for my bad English! : (

The new nvidia Driver for Mountain Lion 10.8.1 does fix the issues of Fermi card: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html.
You can extract the kext files with pacifist and then do the installation.

All work on my Zotac gtx550 ti, 10.8.1

1 change Smbios whit Imac 5,1
2 Restart -x
3 install QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 304.00.00
4 after install Driver nvidia don't restart, restore smbios previous
5 Restart.

thanks to all

I wish I could say that this worked for me perfectly.

At first glance, I thought it did. My monitor can be turned off and on, the resolution can be changed, full screen apps have always worked for me and continue to. My issue arises with display sleep. I have my monitor set to sleep about five minutes after the screen saver comes on. In the past, I was able to wake it up with no other problem than three odd graphical glitch behind the password box. Now when I go to wake the screen back up, my computer freezes, only sometimes will the password box show up, but I can't enter anything in. If I have something like pandora playing in the background, it'll continue to play that song then stop. I can move the mouse around, so it doesn't appear to be a complete freeze, but it might as well be.

I tried running through installer over the old drivers, extracting the drivers with pacifist (which oddly wouldn't let the drivers load at all) and deleting all the driver files and running the installer, all to the same effect.

As a side note, I've never been able to sleep the whole computer, even with sleep enabler. It'll go to sleep, but leave all the fans running, and I can't wake it back up. I have thr Intel power management kext working with dsdt edits, so that might be something.

Also as I'm typing this, I remember somebody above said sleep only worked with no bclk overclocking, so I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back