Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im trying to figure out what problems you guys are having and why i havent had any of them. Im using 550ti on mountain lion 10.8 with with a z68xp-ud3 uefi and an ssdt. the only thing that didnt work oob after multibeast was sleep which a sleep enabler fixed. open cl and gl work just fine for every day use? Just wondering casue i thought maybe something was different with my system that might help you guys understand.

Also quite curious to hear exactly what others are seeing. I have experienced:

Graphics freeze (where pointer still moves) after screen goes to sleep, but not every time. I have also experienced this a couple of times with manual computer sleeps (full sleep), but took me 5 attempts to recreate last night!

Artefacts - Especially with full screen safari (which is only used because my mother doesn't understand the computer). Restarting safari fixes it...

No display - When waking from sleep, I have occasionally got no signal to the monitor and have to restart. Again it isn't every time

I have 2 displays. The second flickers slightly on startup, but other than that they work fine! No issues changing resolution of either...

All the problems seem to be the Kernel 00000069 issue others are seeing.

My setup
Board: Gigabyte Z68 UD3P B3 - UEFI
CPU: 2500k @ stock
GPU: 560Ti 1GB

Are others only seeing these crashes occasionally?

Also quite curious to hear exactly what others are seeing. I have experienced:

Graphics freeze (where pointer still moves) after screen goes to sleep, but not every time. I have also experienced this a couple of times with manual computer sleeps (full sleep), but took me 5 attempts to recreate last night!

Artefacts - Especially with full screen safari (which is only used because my mother doesn't understand the computer). Restarting safari fixes it...

No display - When waking from sleep, I have occasionally got no signal to the monitor and have to restart. Again it isn't every time

I have 2 displays. The second flickers slightly on startup, but other than that they work fine! No issues changing resolution of either...

All the problems seem to be the Kernel 00000069 issue others are seeing.

My setup
Board: Gigabyte Z68 UD3P B3 - UEFI
CPU: 2500k @ stock
GPU: 560Ti 1GB

Are others only seeing these crashes occasionally?

Most 3d applications (eg. Minecraft, Uniqine Heaven) don't render properly (flashing objects, etc...), never happened in Lion. Resolution change causes Fermi Freeze.

The new nvidia Driver for Mountain Lion 10.8.1 does fix the issues of Fermi card: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

My GT435m works perfect now!

Unfortunately, when I try to install, I get:

"Unsupported System: This computer will not support Geforce or Quadro Maco OS X edition cards."

I have an Asus G74SX Laptop with a 560m exhibiting all the sleep/wake/freeze problems.

Solved: Switch smbios to Mac Pro 5,1 temporarily to install. Another forum member also suggested Pacifist to exctract the kexts, which is a better idea than mine.

Results: I can now switch between mirror and extended mode without the blue screen freeze. Sleep/wake on my computer has non Nvidia issues, so I cannot confirm a fix there.

"Unsupported System: This computer will not support Geforce or Quadro Maco OS X edition cards."

I have an Asus G74SX Laptop with a 560m exhibiting all the sleep/wake/freeze problems.

This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only.

You need to extract the kext files from the driver with pacifist.

I always forget Pacifist for package extraction. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back