Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TONY help us :<
we need some serious professional help-
not the speculations of us

Agreed ;( I think he is. I have been away from this thread but did we figure out if this was even caused by the bootloader?

TONY help us :<
we need some serious professional help-
not the speculations of us

Well.....i dont think Tony can help us with this. If he was able to, he would have did it a long time ago. Only the guys over at netkas can solve this problem or if some genius comes outta nowhere and gives a solution :p

Agreed ;( I think he is. I have been away from this thread but did we figure out if this was even caused by the bootloader?

nop the bootloader is doing its job fine. Its only the crappy geforce and geforceGL drivers that are causing the problems. I tried different versions of chimera and chameleon myself and still the same problems occur.

If you guys would read the comments you already would know that this was tested and confirmed that it does not change anything about the sleep/wake issue.
tested by me with:
CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.24
GPU Driver Version: 8.0.51 295.30.00f01

so maybe read the comments again, before asking such questions?

First off, chill out. You'll notice that I have been in this thread since the beginning and have been actively looking for a solution as well and have tried out the drivers myself to no avail. I thought it was an updated driver version as per the write up on the home page; it even says LAST WEEK they updated the CUDA drivers.

Now I apologize as I realize now that this package does not contain any revised version of the graphics kexts at all but simply the CUDA drivers.

It's not like I needlessly spammed this thread or anything I was simply trying to be helpful, but apparently thats frowned upon by some.

just tried the 10.8.2 update...nothing fixed!!! :(

PS: but the original Apple Mac computers has these problems with nvidia cards under ML?? what are the graphics cards that works perfectly under ML now?

what are the graphics cards that works perfectly under ML now?

Good question! It's become pretty difficult to figure out what Nvidia cards ARE supported in ML. Is there some kind life list maybe? The hardware database isn't much help in this regard...

I'm considering just replacing my GTS 450, but I'm not sure what to get instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back