Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If wake after sleep doesn't work (which is the whole point of this thread), then please don't write that "everything" is working. Because it isn't. Same goes for others writing "it's working perfectly". No, it's not - if sleep/wake doesn't work, things are far from perfect. Thanks for understanding.

Also: booting with -x might be a workaround, but it's hardly a solution. Booting into safe mode won't load any of the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions, not just the ones that cause trouble.

I agree with You Jeronimo.
What about Tonymac ?
Has he something new to inform us, will be any solution soon ?

I agree with You Jeronimo.
What about Tonymac ?
Has he something new to inform us, will be any solution soon ?

I'm sure they'll tell us as soon as they've got news for us. It's not like they're sitting around and waiting for us to keep nagging them and be pushy, just so they can say "Oh yeah, we've got a solution, but since nobody asked, we forgot to tell you..." :)

I had never issues witch CUDA

i have CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.17 (GPU Driver Version: 8.0.51 295.30.00f01) installed since 3 weeks, no problem so far, but the Sleep/Wake/Bluescreen Issue still exist.

As many times told, the Sleep/Wake issue is caused by "GeForce.kext" & "GeForceGLDriver.bundle" that needs either be modified by a Genius.
Or waiting till Apple or nVidia releases new drivers. It has nothing to do with CUDA.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

cheers

I removed my 550 ti and installed a 660 ti. Sleep/wake works now. I suppose its a hardware fix, rather than a software fix :/

Good luck to those of you that stick with the 550 ti, hopefully Apple/nvidia will eventually release updated drivers that fix the issue!

I removed my 550 ti and installed a 660 ti. Sleep/wake works now. I suppose its a hardware fix, rather than a software fix :/

Good luck to those of you that stick with the 550 ti, hopefully Apple/nvidia will eventually release updated drivers that fix the issue!

You are wrong!

As it worked perfect on 10.7.4 it is not a Hardware problem.

I tried to boot using the card using PCIRootUID=0 and it still stops outputting signals after the bootloader and my monitor goes to sleep. Any other suggestions?

You are wrong!

Yes it works perfect in mountain lion also.. Like i made usb 3 and sleep work but while launching the launcher.. its a little bit glitchy... i am working on it.. will post a video soon.

You are wrong!

i have managed to get the sleep and wake working and also usb 3 is also working but the main thing is the graphics as i loose my resolution....

if i get the resolution i loose the sleep.. a little bit of help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back