Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a mountain lion actulizacion in the net, has anyone test it?

If you're talking about the 10.8.1 developer beta, it doesn't contain any Extensions related to Geforce cards. It's only 5 extensions in there:

- AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
- IO80211Family.kext
- IOAHCI.kext
- IOUSBFamily.kext
- System.kext

That's for the 12b13 build, haven't checked any newer ones.

I just got my ASUS 550ti and I can't even boot into the installer with my card. Am I missing something?

I just got my ASUS 550ti and I can't even boot into the installer with my card. Am I missing something?

PCIRootUID=0 this will help u to boot

watch this video first for creating a unibeast usb.. its important...

http://youtu.be/JCVEjRymIoI

after that use this installation ...
http://youtu.be/GtEIpoyOqSg

HOLY **** FINALLY, This actually worked for me ! i spent hours and days, and such a simple solution. who would of thought. thanks

except on my motherboard i had to use PCIRootUID=1
but we still need a better solution for sleep/wake

PCIRootUID=0 this will help u to boot

That is the only way i can boot to begin with, and that is without the graphics card, so that does not work for me...

I just took a look into the newest build of 10.8.1(12b17) there is no new gforce drivers. Only applesmartbatterymanager, IO80211family, ioahcifamily, iousbfamily and system. Looks like we are waiting until 10.8.2 at least.
Also on a side not I am not sure what I did but I am able to let my monitors go to sleep and they can wake no problem no glitching no black screen, no blue screen. I can also do full screen iTunes Visualizations and get out no problem. and sometime only sometimes I can turn off the monitors and turn them on and they work fine. I have a EVGA 550ti 2gig.

I installed the Mountain Lion with the procedure of booting with -x and with the GTX 550 Ti installed on the motherboard.

It worked properly, my configuration is:

GA-Z77-DS3H
Core i7 3,5 3550K
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Everything works good, except for the wake/sleep problem. Games, rendering, CUDA, OpenGL, etc is very good so far.

Although I usually never let my computer sleep, so if those are the only problem that I could have, then its fine.

I'm with this instalation for 1 week now, instaled Adobe Premiere CS6, After Effects, some games like Diablo 3, Team Fortress, Dungeons Defenders and up to now everything is fine.
The only thing is that I cannot let the computer sleeps...

I hope this issue is fixed soon.

I installed the Mountain Lion with the procedure of booting with -x and with the GTX 550 Ti installed on the motherboard.

It worked properly, my configuration is:

GA-Z77-DS3H
Core i7 3,5 3550K
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Everything works good, except for the wake/sleep problem. Games, rendering, CUDA, OpenGL, etc is very good so far.

Although I usually never let my computer sleep, so if those are the only problem that I could have, then its fine.

I'm with this instalation for 1 week now, instaled Adobe Premiere CS6, After Effects, some games like Diablo 3, Team Fortress, Dungeons Defenders and up to now everything is fine.
The only thing is that I cannot let the computer sleeps...

I hope this issue is fixed soon.

thats what i was showing the whole time.. that it works apart from the sleep and wake.

Also here Nvidi GT420 m is working everything above mentioned : full screen app, itunes vizualizer, games , monitor off/on , open cl etc etc, exept for wake after sleep problem. I just use GE=Yes, no other modification on the original ML kexts.

If wake after sleep doesn't work (which is the whole point of this thread), then please don't write that "everything" is working. Because it isn't. Same goes for others writing "it's working perfectly". No, it's not - if sleep/wake doesn't work, things are far from perfect. Thanks for understanding.

Also: booting with -x might be a workaround, but it's hardly a solution. Booting into safe mode won't load any of the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions, not just the ones that cause trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back