Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a screen of different situation of nvidia native geforce kext in Lion 10.7.4 VS ML 10.8: same root: "system/library/extension" for both.

Lion screen:
lionup.png

ML screen:
48815291.png

Card used: nvidia Geforce GT 430

I have made a screen of different situation of nvidia native geforce kext in Lion 10.7.4 VS ML 10.8: same root: "system/library/extension" for both.

Lion screen:
lionup.png

ML screen:
48815291.png

Card used: nvidia Geforce GT 430

Did you try using only the GeForce7xxx drivers in Mountain Lion?

I hope apple or a guy on the forum are able to solve the problems of nvidia cards with ML. I do not buy a GT 640. If every time Apple releases an OS must change the graphics card......very bad!

still cheaper than to buy new mac and your VGA will be upgraded every year and still very speedy

here is the video of me showing u some of the things that some people doesn't get things worked..

I hope this HELPS U BROTHER
http://youtu.be/MBMAipAyolQ

here is the link of the video of me showing some of the problems that aren't in my computer.

here is the video of me showing u some of the things that some people doesn't get things worked..

I hope this HELPS U BROTHER
http://youtu.be/MBMAipAyolQ

here is the link of the video of me showing some of the problems that aren't in my computer.

Thanks for the Video.

Your Graphics Card don't show up in System Profile? i haven't see them.

I've posted in several places that I had my 550Ti working OOB in Mountain Lion. Well, I see now that it's not true! I am having such severe difficulties that I had to revert to a backup of Lion. Something is seriously broken with this card under ML.

I invite you to share your own issues in this thread, but please focus on the *post-installation* experience. :)

Background: My build is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 running the U1H bios, Intel i7 3.4, 8 GB RAM (1333), a bunch of hard drives, native Wifi and Bluetooth, and a EVGA GeForce 550Ti graphics card.

Running without a DSDT (the U1H bios doesn't need one), I have my system working *perfectly* in Lion. I am running stock speeds on my processor and everything behaves exactly as it should; it's at least as stable as my actual Apple iMac. Sleep and wake works exactly as it should using USB keyboard/mouse or the power button.

I installed Mountain Lion over a working Lion partition (used for experimenting) and after a few hiccups in the installation process, everything was working beautifully...or so I thought.

Here are the issues:

When the computer sleeps, either manually or automatically, it does not wake properly from sleep. I will get a functional mouse cursor over either a screen of garbage or a black screen. The mouse is not frozen, but I have no system functionality. Console.log is full of Nvidia "exceptions!" and other NVDA errors.

When the computer is idle for any period of time, I also get symptoms that appear to be related to the "Fermi freeze" - eternally spinning beach ball with the inability to force quit apps or do anything at all. This requires a system reboot, which then sometimes sends the mother board into a brief CMOS event / boot loop, requiring 3-5 tries before post.

Before I realized that there was a major issue here, I had installed over my primary Lion installation, which then became plagued with similar issues.

Here's what I've tried:

- A brand-new, clean installation on a fresh partition, once with the Nvidia card installed, and once with it removed (using the built in Intel graphics to install).
- Booting the computer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No (will not boot with video if GE is set to "no")
- Installing updated CUDA drivers (no change)
- Toggling the various Power settings on the motherboard (no change)
- Testing from the very first boot into the clean install, vs. after installing ethernet and sound drivers individually, etc. (no change)
- Installing the Nvidia OpenCL drivers (causes a kernel panic on boot)
- Toggling Energy Saver control panel settings (no change)
- Setting darkwake=1 (no change)

Restoring the Lion system has restored full and complete stability to my system, including working sleep/wake.

Can others experiencing similar symptoms post here? I would also be grateful for any other insights / suggestions on how to approach this problem. Many thanks!

I have Z68A-D3H-B3 with F13 and im running 10.8 ML perfect. The new UEFI Bios are just betas and are known to be very unstable. I would revert back to the last stable bios! Then use Multibeast to install a DSDT!

well here is the trick.... after clean installation boot with PCIRootUID=0 -x and then after going to the screen... install user dsdt and then system permission repair something like that

after that installation restart ur computer and when u are into ur screen without any boot-lag .. then install ssdt and usb 3 and then reboot ur system.. after that install ur network driver and then u are good to go..

I have done these steps and finally got my graphic card working without any issues.. i have been on mountain lion for like a week.. and i dint get anything to force close or spinning wheel or even freeze.

well its there.. and for 1Gb its showing like 1536Gb... so i dont know what happened there.. I have been using this since a week time.. and haven't got any problems.. after using it for a longer period of time.. I have posted that after from sleep or wake up everything works fine.

Yes... i havent installed any audio.. i am using external usb sound card... using the external sound card made my mountain lion more stable.

Hello brother i hope u got my video that i have shown in this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back