Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U tell me what should i show .. I will post a video..

secondly... sleep and wake isnt working i agree with that.. but that doesnt mean its not unstable.

secondly... sleep and wake isnt working i agree with that.. but that doesnt mean its not unstable.

I tried a fresh unibeast install late last night and I get the same types of issues.

@aijaz I think you are missing it still. What that user is asking you to try is very simple.

1. Start mountain lion
2. Once its running push the power button on your monitor only (not your tower) turning off your monitor
3. Turn your monitor back on and tell us what happened.

It isn't just sleep, if that was it, I wouldn't be here trying to find a solution. It's other smaller things that should work but don't.

EDIT: My card is showing the correct ram now, not sure when and how that happened

brother, problem is name of this thread ... is many problems from sometimes full screen youtube freezing to problem which has everyone - when you turn your monitor off (or switch monitor input to another pc) after turn monitor on (or switch monitor input back to hackintosh) i have blue screen. Simple way is turn off all energy saver settings and dont turning monitor off, turn off screen saver etc, but this is not really mac after this windows 7 tweak :), i try apply all skills from this phorum but anyway sometimes card still freeze (once after three days) no bad once a three day still better than windows 7 daily freezing, but we all preferred os x just for no freezing and stable work so i say once a three day crash is unstable 100 % for me (im working 10-12 hours per day on my mackintosh).

PS - what about your youtube turning off monitor video to show as wakeup functionality of your GTX 550 Ti ?

i read this after i write post above so problem was that for me is wake up freezing not stable mackintosh so now i understand what "stable" means for you :)

i read this after i write post below so problem was that wake up freezing is not stable hackintosh for me so now i understand what "stable" means for you :)

ok lets go buing GTX 640 now

I've attached a few images illustrating the issue. The first image shows both monitors blue after using the power button on the side of one.

The second is when running, check out the background in mission control on my primary monitor.

I know this is a bit off topic but since users are reporting success with the 640 do you guys think 2gb ddr3 would be comparable to 1gb of ddr5
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-2048MB-Graphics-02G-P4-2643-KR/dp/B0086UXQES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344874803&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+640

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 153
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 202
I tried a fresh unibeast install late last night and I get the same types of issues.

@aijaz I think you are missing it still. What that user is asking you to try is very simple.

1. Start mountain lion
2. Once its running push the power button on your monitor only (not your tower) turning off your monitor
3. Turn your monitor back on and tell us what happened.

It isn't just sleep, if that was it, I wouldn't be here trying to find a solution. It's other smaller things that should work but don't.

EDIT: My card is showing the correct ram now, not sure when and how that happened

It seems that not all of us are experincing the full range of difficulties related to the cards on this thread. For example: I have had no problem switching my monitor off and on as needed - which I have to do as a result of the freeze I experience when coming out of display sleep mode. (Display sleep mode is turned off! I need to save on my electricity bill when downloading over-night) I have experienced only 2 freezes since install related to i-Tunes with visualizer in full screen mode. (linen background with no way of getting out of it) but I was messing around with AGPM's values at the time.
Seems fine again now.. just tested. No feezes at all playing back video in full screen mode (and I watch a lot of movies! :silent:  ). All animations and transitions are super-smooth. But... Sleep results in the same freeze everyone with these cards experience, and graphic intensive OpenGL based games freeze in fullscreen (fine in windowed mode) and Unigine Heaven freezes in full screen mode as well. This is on a 550Ti which has been configured to run from DSDT /EFI Strings / Graphics Enabler / Video ROM. (Only one or the other. I have 4 separate Extra folders one side so that I can check each option when advice is given.) That said, some people claim to be able to play games fullscreen with no lag. I can't. But I have had no problem playing video fullscreen in Youtube or Vimeo. So, I think some issues are not entirely accross the board.

EDIT: Ugh! Someone gave me DukeNukem Forever for Mac to try. Cr@ppiest game ever! But it runs fine fullscreen, but I get a blue screen exiting the game.

I hope apple or a guy on the forum are able to solve the problems of nvidia cards with ML. I do not buy a GT 640. If every time Apple releases an OS must change the graphics card......very bad!

no way its about time, im searching solution two weeks, its more simple buy new card for 100 dollars and making money to buy this card is much more less time than 2 weeks study how to solve GTX 550 Ti problem :)
just sell gtx 550 ti for 50 buy new gt 640 for 100 and make diference 50 after hour in some real work ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back