Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What edit did you do to allow this? Was it the same one from earlier or a different hex edit? I have the exact same card and if you could post what you did I can try and duplicate it.

While sleep / wake is an issue for me its not as big of an issue as my games being unusable after 10 or so minutes due to choppiness.

Same one posted a few up from mine. Just wanted to make reference to some other OpenCL benchmark tools and that we cannot modify the GeforceGLDriver as we were able to do in 10.7.

I kept my EVGA 550 ti 2gb card for now but when out and bought the more inferior card the GT 640 2gb since it was under $100 US. I had to set GE to No otherwise white screen so I am assuming not needed with kepler based cards? I also put the original non patched libclh.dylib back for this card.

My scores on Unigine Heaven are about the same as the EVGA 550 ti 2gb which makes no sense at all!!

Running without a DSDT (the U1H bios doesn't need one), I have my system working *perfectly* in Lion.

I won't be surprised to hear that it runs better than a real mac, with easybeast.

Guys can you confirm one thing? Boot using UseKernelCache=No and see whether the geforce.kext is loaded? In my case i says failed to load com.apple.geforce NVResman not found.

Same one posted a few up from mine. Just wanted to make reference to some other OpenCL benchmark tools and that we cannot modify the GeforceGLDriver as we were able to do in 10.7.

I kept my EVGA 550 ti 2gb card for now but when out and bought the more inferior card the GT 640 2gb since it was under $100 US. I had to set GE to No otherwise white screen so I am assuming not needed with kepler based cards? I also put the original non patched libclh.dylib back for this card.

My scores on Unigine Heaven are about the same as the EVGA 550 ti 2gb which makes no sense at all!!

does the GT 640 Fully support ? openCL and openGL / dual monitor / >>> adobe suite / finalcut .... etc / no issues ??? is all of that OOB

does the GT 640 Fully support ? openCL and openGL / dual monitor / >>> adobe suite / finalcut .... etc / no issues ??? is all of that OOB

My PNY GT640 works OOB, GraphicsEnabler=Off. QE/CI, OpenGL, OpenCL, triple monitors all work. I don't have adobe or finalcut to test, but no issues with anything in the iLife suite or any of the other software I've used since switching to the GT640 from my GT430.

My PNY GT640 works OOB, GraphicsEnabler=Off. QE/CI, OpenGL, OpenCL, triple monitors all work. I don't have adobe or finalcut to test, but no issues with anything in the iLife suite or any of the other software I've used since switching to the GT640 from my GT430.

wow triple monitors ( ihave 2 vga does it work with and sony bravia HDMI ) should work right at the same time ? or should to replace the vga monitor with with ones have dvi right now these monitors work under snowleopard + 9800GT

thanks 4 u help

wow triple monitors ( ihave 2 vga does it work with and sony bravia HDMI ) should work right at the same time ? or should to replace the vga monitor with with ones have dvi right now these monitors work under snowleopard + 9800GT

thanks 4 u help

The PNY 1gb GT640 has 1xDVI 1xVGA and 1xHDMI. My understanding is the DVI port on this card is DVI only, so a VGA adaptor won't work.

EDIT: HMDI audio not working OOB. I thought I should mention that.

NOT GOOD! http://netkas.org/?p=1195 Looks like there will not be graphic driver updates in the upcoming 10.8.1 update. Well not in the Beta anyway.
Trying to decide whether to go for the 640 or wait until the 650 is released and see if anyone can get that working since Kepler cards seem to be the new toy with Apple. Just how bad is the 640 vs 550 performance-wise?

Edit: scratch that! just looked at comparitive specs and will rather wait for the 650 or sell my body for a 560 :eek:

Edit: scratch that! just looked at comparitive specs and will rather wait for the 650 or sell my body for a 560 :eek:

I would take the 560 Ti but my power supply has only 400W and was explicit choosen for the 550 Ti and for the 560 Ti i must change graphic card and power supply :cry:

What are the odds that the 650 will be priced comparably to the 550?

If it really is coming out September 6th, I have no problem waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back