Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also been getting in & out fullscreen with visualizer in i-Tunes. But I had to patch GeForceGLDriver.bundle to get OpenCL. Also patched my AGPM kext with DeviceID & Vendor and values which worked well in Lion. All graphic transitions run very smoothly. Better than in Lion in fact. But games... not!:crazy:

@iTz Crush - Please post your AGPM kext. I would like to compare since OpenGL based games and apps like Parallels & Unigine still crash (black screen) - for some reason, VmWare does not crash fullscreen.

I also seem to get better performance using graphics info injected into DSDT or EFI strings (both work the same) than I did with Chameleon's (chimera's) GrahicsEnabler.

@Katie what did you patch your GeforceGLdriver.bundle with?

I've also been getting in & out fullscreen with visualizer in i-Tunes. But I had to patch GeForceGLDriver.bundle to get OpenCL. Also patched my AGPM kext with DeviceID & Vendor and values which worked well in Lion. All graphic transitions run very smoothly. Better than in Lion in fact. But games... not!:crazy:

@iTz Crush - Please post your AGPM kext. I would like to compare since OpenGL based games and apps like Parallels & Unigine still crash (black screen) - for some reason, VmWare does not crash fullscreen.

I also seem to get better performance using graphics info injected into DSDT or EFI strings (both work the same) than I did with Chameleon's (chimera's) GrahicsEnabler.

Sorry for long reply.

I'm on macpro 5,1

Attachments

• AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 97
@Katie what did you patch your GeforceGLdriver.bundle with?

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib - Opened with a hex editor and do a Search for this value:
8B 87 1C 0C 00 00 89 06 8B 87 20 0C 00 00 89 02 (copy/paste)
and replaced it with:
31 C0 FF C0 89 06 FF C0 FF C0 89 02 90 90 90 90 (copy/paste and Replace)

Reboot - OpenCL = working...

@iTz Crush - Thanks... will take a peek ;)

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib - Opened with a hex editor and do a Search for this value:
8B 87 1C 0C 00 00 89 06 8B 87 20 0C 00 00 89 02 (copy/paste)
and replaced it with:
31 C0 FF C0 89 06 FF C0 FF C0 89 02 90 90 90 90 (copy/paste and Replace)

Reboot - OpenCL = working...

@iTz Crush - Thanks... will take a peek ;)

Is this patch to GeForceGLDriver.bundle specific to 550Ti?

How to tell if OpenCL is working?

Thanks.

NEW POSSIBLE BREAKTHROUGH

When I replace Geforce.kext and GeforceGL.bundle from Lion 10.7.4 the system boots up and everything works

Sleep / Wake / Resolution Change / Monitor Off On etc but no QE/CI

Same as in Safe mode but now Geforce.kext is loaded but the one from Lion.

So Ill think the problem is in Geforce.kext or GeforceGL.bundle

Cheers for now ...
Hi there,
I have a completely different gpu, the nvidia 310m and having the exact same problem. I agree with what you say. I also replaced the Geforce and GeforceGL.bundle from 10.8 with the ones from 10.7.4 and i get full resolution, no freezes at all but NO QE/CI. The system works really good and gives no freezes or artifacts or hangs. So its definitely got to be a Geforce kexts and bundles problem.

Same issue here with ASUS GT430 Graphics card.
My IOReg file is attached

Attachments

• My IOReg.zip
    377.4 KB · Views: 75
Erratum: My previous post says GT430, but it is a GT630 2Gb card. Sorry

Can someone please share the 10.7.4 Geforce.kext and GeforceGL.bundle? would be nice.

thanks

I got this after waking up from sleep mode.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 7.25.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 7.25.49 PM.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back