Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after this i got 1024 x 768 resolution and my screens name is now spdisplays_display:/

Make sure you installed the correct kext and frameworks, check you´re using GraphicsEnabler=Yes as boot arg.

Hope it helps

Unfortunately i was too stupid to backup my OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework and GPUSupport.framework and now i need to restore my original files.
Could anybody upload the the original 10.8.2 files for me please?

After the update from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5. After i turn off my TV and turn on again, the display comes back blue. Occurs the same when i change the resolution.

Video related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8Ql0fx3Plew

GTX550Ti EVGA.

This is a Mountain Lion thread, hence it is in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support section.
Speaking of Mountain Lion, the 10.8.2 supplemental update does not change anything particularly important. My system is fine after installing it.

Make sure you installed the correct kext and frameworks, check you´re using GraphicsEnabler=Yes as boot arg.

Hope it helps
It didnt work eirher:/ im a noob i dont know really know how to do:/ i just did that u told me to:( i didnt installed any graphics drivers from multibeast but i installed nvidias graphics driver from their site.drivers name was f02 at the end the last one for 10.8.2

Hope it helps
My specs:
Asus CG8350 (P8H67-M Pro)
I5 3450
6GB Ram
Asus GTX 550Ti
1TB HDD

I think a most simple way is to open in the finder and go to /System/Library/Frameworks/ and paste the OpenCL.Framework and OpenGL.framework from the MLDP3 it will ask for you password an click replace, then go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and paste GPU.Support.Framework and the same write your password and hit replace, and then go to /System/Library/Extensions and Place all the NVDA and Geforce kext from ML DP3 in that folder look for NVDAGK100Hal.kext and if you find it put it on trash. Then just open Disk Utility and repair permissions, then put this command
"sudo kextcache system-prelinked-kernel" and write your password.

I hope it helps

I tried again and it worked! thanks! but when I'm turning the computer to sleep the screen goes black and the computer freeze it didnt shut down. WHat should i do now?
Best regards Robin

My specs:
Asus CG8350 (P8H67-M Pro)
I5 3450
6GB Ram
Asus GTX 550Ti
1TB HDD

The kexts and the frameworks works for sure, so I think maybe you are mixing some kexts or frameworks. I recommend reinstall and do all again for make sure you´re doing the right process.Be patience this serves to learn how this hackintosh world works.

Ok,

let me summarize the way to change/update the NVidia Kext based on the experience of this thread. All this explanation refer to a ML with update 10.8.2 already installed!!!

1) At this moment there are 3 possible set of driver, based on:

a) Apple ML 10.8 DPL3
b) NVidia Driver ver 304.00.00f20 for ML 10.8.1
c) NVidia Driver ver 304.00.05f02 for ML 10.8.2

2) Every driver must be installed with the relative version of OpenGL / OpenCL Framework to work, because the driver have some reference to the frameworks itself.

I have attached to this post 3 archive that contain the driver and the associate framework to use for the desired solution. The archive 10.8.2 also contain the original ML NVidia kext released with version 10.8.2.

3) The instruction to backup and install driver and relative framework was posted by vczilla. The instruction require that you launch some command from the Terminal application and that you have administrator right in the sistem. Here I will reassume the procedure:

a) backup of the actual installed drivers and frameworks (if desired)

Code:
sudo cp -R /System/Library/{Extensions/{GeForce*,NVDA*},Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework} ~

This command will backup drivers and frameworks in the home folder (
~). If you want to make backup in a different place, change ~ with the desired path

b) install the desired version of kext using an utilty like KextHelper, that will copy the kext in the right folder and repair the permission. Choose to install in System/Library/Extension if more option is available. Not reboot after this step!!!

c) install the right version of the framework for the kext installed. There are a total of 6 command to launch in the terminal. <folder_that_contain_required_frameworks> must be replaced with the right path were the 3 required frameworks was saved/downloaded.

Code:
cd /<folder_that_contain_required_frameworks>

sudo rm -r /System/Library/{Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework}

sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenCL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework

sudo ditto --hfsCompression GPUSupport.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/{Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework}

d) At this the installation is finish. If you want you can install the patch to enable OpenCL for all card, issuing still 1 command in the terminal. Note that the patch to use for driver ML10.8 DP3 is different from the patch to use for the other 2 version (NVidia) of the driver.

So for driver ML10.8 DP3 launch this command:

Code:
sudo perl -p -i.old -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02/\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); } ' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

For other (NVidia) driver launch this command:

Code:
sudo perl -p -i.old -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); } ' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

At this point you have finish, cross your finger and reboot ....:clap:

Just one more think: I suppose that best solution depend on the graphics card and on the whole system. In my configuration the only solution that works perfectly (no freeze, no problem in change resolution) is the one based on ML 10.8 DPL3. With the NVidia driver the freeze problem are not solved.

Good luck.

Attached kext and relative framework:

Apple ML 10.8 DPL3: View attachment V10.8.zip
NVidia Driver ver 304.00.00f20: View attachment V10.8.1.zip
NVidia Driver ver 304.00.05f02: View attachment V10.8.2.zip

The kexts and the frameworks works for sure, so I think maybe you are mixing some kexts or frameworks. I recommend reinstall and do all again for make sure you´re doing the right process.Be patience this serves to learn how this hackintosh world works.

I reinstall and tried again and now it works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes but when i turn it into sleep mode it freeze the computer and it didn't shut down:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back