Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's a partial fix for me here.

Partial in the sense that vczilla's method worked to get me into 10.8.2 and get my monitor(s) working and all that. But I still seem to have the same problems I've had since 10.8.0, namely, Quicktime hangs (briefly) when going into full screen/going out of full screen and it hangs when I'm watching a video in quicktime for a certain period of time. And also i still get the sleep hangs :(

I've never had it working properly.

Find archive.pax.gz inside the nvidia package in the Finder, use kext utility to install.

thank you, everything seems to work despite having had a number of errors and gave the commands of the guide. I got this error sudo: unable to initialize PAM: No such file or directory

Do you guys get accelerated flash decoding on Mountain Lion ? how ? i only get it in Lion with iMac12,1 smbios, but i can't for the love of God get it on ML. Help please !

thank you, everything seems to work despite having had a number of errors and gave the commands of the guide. I got this error sudo: unable to initialize PAM: No such file or directory
See
Also I originally didn't notice this but when the 'sudo ditto ...' command is run it prints 'sudo: unable to initialize PAM: No such file or directory'. Don't pay any attention to it, the file was copied just fine.

New Update and Great News!

Using the procedure from vczilla and setting your smbios to MacPro 2,1 works wonders! Now Im running even faster than when I had 10.8.1! And I had no problems with any of the boot up procedures or any problems reported using Console. Graphics are snappier than ever. I even have sleep/wake working with no problems. Without a doubt the problem with NVDA timing out and giving random errors is related to AGPM. The MacPro 2,1 is not even in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext but for some reason it works.

Check out my GeekBench scores... http://goo.gl/8xvOJ

I think I won't be coming back to this thread for a while.. hehe

Thanks for everything guys.

I change my smbios to macpro 2,1 but still got NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!.

I hope nvidia release new driver for 10.8.2 soon

I'm slightly concerned that mine worked fine after installing the update...

I downloaded the executable version of the update, installed and then attempted to install the nvidia drivers again, but it complained that it was already installed. Multibeast before restarting and working just as well as in 10.8.1 now! (Occasional channel timeout hangs - not full crashes)

Will try luxmark tonight though!

Well I updated to 10.8.2 everything worked fine, except luxmark won't work, and after opencl code and framework installed. Also in games i get strange squares and stuff, atleast in star wars the force unleashed, and in wow, characters are black, until im really close to them.

Thanks man, this works well, can't you do the same for Lion 10.7.5 update? It seems to create the same problems as ML. I used to have a Lion installation that worked with a glitchy ML. Thanks to you I now have a working ML with a glitchy Lion after applying the update there.

Hi vcZilla, I followed your guide (I had to manually copy the kexts from the nvidia package since it told me my system didn't need an upgrade), but now I'm stuck on the tiled pattern screen before the login (see pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axcku1crkqhmicz/IMG_20120923_160948.jpg). This is a fresh install of 10.8.2 (recreated the USB drive from 10.8.2 MAS installer).
Can you help me please?
Thanks ;)

i have a freez after sleep whit this error

22/09/12 22:18:52,051 WindowServer[198]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
22/09/12 22:18:52,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:19:13,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:19:33,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:19:54,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:20:14,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:20:25,000 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=1130[GoogleSoftwareUp] clearing CS_VALID
22/09/12 22:20:35,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:20:55,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
22/09/12 22:20:59,788 ath[1077]: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff7e6d0180): Unexpected connection closure...
22/09/12 22:21:16,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back