Contribute
Register

Nvidia 346.03.03f02 crashes FCPX (CoreVideo/CoreImage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it solve the problem of Color Finale crashing FCP X. Must be a OpenCL issue that is solved with flashing the card.

What driver version are you using? What make of GTX 980 Ti do you have?
I'm on the latest drivers for 10.11.5 and Color finale is stll crashing FCPX.

Last edited:
What driver version are you using? What make of GTX 980 Ti do you have?
I'm on the latest drivers for 10.11.5 and Color finale is stll crashing FCPX.

After using a few hours, it does still crashes sometimes while playing back. But it is more stable now then before flashing.
I did not change the driver or anything, just the card. It is now considerably more useable.

I hope to get back my r9 280x which is now in RMA at Taiwan and test it out after this.

Using MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming on 10.10.5.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I'll do more tests with other Smbios to see if this will help the issue.

Still no luck here. I've tried MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS and Color Fnale still crashes. The only way to make it work is to use driver number 346.03.05f01. It doesn't crash FCPX but there are some issues with Photoshop with this driver which were solved in the latest.

Looks like nvidia guys are fixing one bug while introducing the other ;)

How's the new driver for 10.11.6 working? Still crashing or not?

It's not crashing for me anymore with the latest Color Finale update but there's some weird stuff happening in the shadows and highlights when I apply a LUT. Other tools in CF are working fine though.

So I still use CF for color correction but apply LUTs with MotionVFX's free mLUT plugin.

Last edited:
This is right. I can confirm that CF is working fine but LUTS are broken.

Hi everyone,

I had also problems with my storyline in Final Cut Pro X with hanging/freezing when I wanted to play from stroyline.

I'm not sure if this is really a driver issue.
I recognized in "Activity monitor" in "Harddisk" section while Final Cut Pro X freezes that FCPX was reading a mass of data (10gb-15gb every freeze). After waiting a time, FCP X was again working and I could edit and play in FCPX.
So I'm not sure if that problem is driver or FCPX related but it seems like that during the hanging process, FCPX is reading datas in background. I have no optimized or proxy media and after working 3 hours in FCPX, reading was about 80gb.
The most jumps (increasing for reading data) were when FCPX was hanging.

So I don't know what exactly the problem is but for now, its working for me.

I have a Skylake system with GTX980Ti (latest Web driver installed) and installed macOS Sierra.

EDIT:
During freeze, I killed Nvidia process in activity monitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back