Contribute
Register

Nvidia 346.03.03f02 crashes FCPX (CoreVideo/CoreImage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX 970 here. Same exact problem. Using the older build of FCPX (10.2.1) didn't help. And it crashes immediately on startup if I switch to OSX default drivers. It seems like our best bet at this point might be to let FCPX crash a ton and report it to Apple every time, flooding them with Final Cut crash reports. We've been due for a 10.2.3 update for a while now anyway so maybe we'll get a fix.:confused:

Do you think it is OK to send them Crash Reports from a Hackintosh ?

GTX 970 here. Same exact problem. Using the older build of FCPX (10.2.1) didn't help. And it crashes immediately on startup if I switch to OSX default drivers. It seems like our best bet at this point might be to let FCPX crash a ton and report it to Apple every time, flooding them with Final Cut crash reports. We've been due for a 10.2.3 update for a while now anyway so maybe we'll get a fix.:confused:

Same setup here. GTX 970. 346.03.04f02 web driver on OSX 10.11.2. FCPX 10.2.2 (no way to downgrade for me as this is a fresh install).

I've at least narrowed it down to certain transitions that cause the crash. The "Fade to Color" transition, for example. Using titles is fine, no problems. Jump cuts are fine. BruceX test runs fine, which tells me it has something to do with editing an actual video clip AND transitions, not just transitions alone.

Tried downgrading to 346.03.04f01 web driver. Installed fine, but still crashes.

I've tried using the OS X Default Graphics Driver, but it boots the GTX 970 into an unstable mode where I see long horizontal screen sync lines and portions of the screen are replaced with snowy garbage, so that's pretty much useless in all but emergency situations.

TL;DR you can edit as long as you don't use transitions.

I have the same problem here:

GTX960 4GB, El Capitan 10.11.2, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2, nVidia Web Drivers 346.03.04f02

Final Cut crashes immediately when I try to edit transitions such as Fade To Color.

I have to work on my Macbook for now... It's a real pain, I'm waiting for a solution...

Is there any powerful graphicscard which works 100% with OS X now ?

Still crashes with 10.11.3 beta2 and nvidia drivers 346.03.05b02
when resizing Fade To Color effect...

Where do you found: 346.03.05b02 please?

At this point I pretty much gave up on Nvidia updates. I'm hoping FCPX 10.2.3 or 10.3 will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back