EN8600GT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
thanks for your answers guys appreciate,

Do you any gfx card that would work 100% with 10.6.8?

This particular computer has to stay in snowleopard cause the software I m using is there....
I don't play games, I m doin audio only in this pc.... so I m looking for something under 30$, PCIe, with dual monitor capability , basic stuff....
I have the GA-EP45 DS3L motherboard....

Unless to know a way to make it work one and for good! (I don't mind goin a little deeper to make it work...)

Regards
Konstantino

Motherboard
CPU
Intel 2.5 Quad Core Xeon
Graphics
EN8600GT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi again,
I did a search and I found ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 which is cheap and seem to work with 10.6.8 and upwards.... do you agree? For the GA_EP45 DS3L motherboard....

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi again,
I did a search and I found ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 which is cheap and seem to work with 10.6.8 and upwards.... do you agree? For the GA_EP45 DS3L motherboard....
According to http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database that card should work OOB.

ASUS Geforce 210 1GB GDDR3 ( EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) ) Yes No EFI or Kext or Injector Needed, Fresh install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 updated to 10.7,10.7.1 (Lion) using graphics enabler=Yes. Voila all detected and working OOB.

BTW, please edit your profile and put your board in the System box. TIA

Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI
CPU
XEON x5570
Graphics
NVidia 9600GT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thank You G. B.

Good to know that it appears that long ago Apple didn't include this card.

This could explain why their is not to much info is on the web for this 8600 chipset in the hackintosh community. ( Or why it aint workin)!

tote

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU
I7-3500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Looks like Apple totally dropped support for your card. If adding ID's to the NVDANxxHAL kexts + a string in the .boot.plist isn't working, Then I would get a different card. Having to add ID's into the kexts for every update is too much of a PITA as far as I am concerned.

What is your main board? socket 775, yes? You might want to consider upgrading board and CPU. You can get a board and CPU with HD3000/4000/4600 gfx on-CPU for what you would pay for a middle range gfx card.
I have this card running fine in high sierra, I dont remember how I got it working but its fine using VGA adapter on dvi port... I'm now trying to use the HDMI instead which is giving me blue screen so far but I just tried it for an hour now... I may pull the card and use hdmi on asus sbertooth instead which is probably better/faster although taking from processor a little I guess although its made to do that. Anybody have this working in hdmi usimg either thee nvidia

GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB

or the Asus Sabertooth Z87 ? could use a tip if you have!