Contribute
Register

Nvdia chip 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
thanks for your answers guys appreciate,

Do you any gfx card that would work 100% with 10.6.8?

This particular computer has to stay in snowleopard cause the software I m using is there....
I don't play games, I m doin audio only in this pc.... so I m looking for something under 30$, PCIe, with dual monitor capability , basic stuff....
I have the GA-EP45 DS3L motherboard....

Unless to know a way to make it work one and for good! (I don't mind goin a little deeper to make it work...)

Regards
Konstantino

Hi again,
I did a search and I found ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 which is cheap and seem to work with 10.6.8 and upwards.... do you agree? For the GA_EP45 DS3L motherboard....

Hi again,
I did a search and I found ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 which is cheap and seem to work with 10.6.8 and upwards.... do you agree? For the GA_EP45 DS3L motherboard....
According to http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database that card should work OOB.

ASUS Geforce 210 1GB GDDR3 ( EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) ) Yes No EFI or Kext or Injector Needed, Fresh install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 updated to 10.7,10.7.1 (Lion) using graphics enabler=Yes. Voila all detected and working OOB.

BTW, please edit your profile and put your board in the System box. TIA

Thank You G. B.

Good to know that it appears that long ago Apple didn't include this card.

This could explain why their is not to much info is on the web for this 8600 chipset in the hackintosh community. ( Or why it aint workin)!

tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back