Contribute
Register

“(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “(null)” and download it again from the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64LC
Hi,

I'm getting this error message, when I try to open some apps from Appstore:
“(null)” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “(null)” and download it again from the App Store.

One App is 1Password and the other is Magnet.

Can anybody help?

I tried this already:
sign out
delete app
restart
sign in
install app

But I had no success, even with different combinations.

In Console I get this message:
Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/

Hi,

I'm getting this error message, when I try to open some apps from Appstore:

One App is 1Password and the other is Magnet.

Can anybody help?

I tried this already:
sign out
delete app
restart
sign in
install app

But I had no success, even with different combinations.

In Console I get this message:
Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/

I think I had this happen to me a while back.

I had backed-up some large applications to avoid having to re-download them. Somewhere along the line something got corrupted.

In the end I deleted the app, just as you have done, but I also deleted the Preference plists and the Receipts found in the private/var/db/receipts folder. Then downloaded them again.

I'm not 100% sure this was the same problem but maybe worth exploring? Just make sure you don't delete any receipts for other applications too!

I think I had this happen to me a while back.

I had backed-up some large applications to avoid having to re-download them. Somewhere along the line something got corrupted.

In the end I deleted the app, just as you have done, but I also deleted the Preference plists and the Receipts found in the private/var/db/receipts folder. Then downloaded them again.

I'm not 100% sure this was the same problem but maybe worth exploring? Just make sure you don't delete any receipts for other applications too!
Thanks for your reply.
I tried this with no luck :crazy:

I found this in console:
Failed to validate receipt Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt -- file:///Applications/1Password.app/, <OPAppStoreReceipt: 0x6000020800c0, Version = 6.8.9;

OrigDate = 2016-12-22T22:30:03Z;

OrigVer = 6.5.3;

BundleIdentifier = com.agilebits.onepassword-osx;

>

No, I couldn't find a solution, still same problem

I had the same issue and resolved after reenabling NIC on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back