Contribute
Register

NUC8 Intel Core i7-8705G & Radeon RX Vega M graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he snapchatted me not an hour ago of a 400w PSU he's been working on. He was having to run two PCs off it to stress test it
What dimensions? I'm talking about tiny PSUs like SSP-300SUG (20 x 18 x 8 cm)
41kKhcZjYnL.jpg
CustomMod offers 300W max with that form factor.

I am thinking about getting one of these as my first hackintosh. How much pain am I in for?

• How confident are you guys that the AMD graphics will be supported sometime in the next yer?
  • Has anyone tried an eGPU?
  • Any compatibility differences between the base model and the VR?
I am deciding between this and a new Mac Mini. I'd prefer the NUC because of the upgradability , the GPU, and that it doesnt thermal throttle...but maybe not if I'll spend more time hunting down bugs than getting work done.

I have my nuc8i7hvk running 10.14.1 with an rx580 (egpu, mantiz enclosure), and it has been working smoothly. I have the rx580 driving two dell 2715q (4k@60Hz), and the nuc driving the rx580 via one tb3 cable in the primary connector slot. With this configuration I'm blind until the mojave login window for obvious reasons. I don't have sound working, but it's for a lack of effort on my part.

I have my nuc8i7hvk running 10.14.1 with an rx580 (egpu, mantiz enclosure), and it has been working smoothly. I have the rx580 driving two dell 2715q (4k@60Hz), and the nuc driving the rx580 via one tb3 cable in the primary connector slot. With this configuration I'm blind until the mojave login window for obvious reasons. I don't have sound working, but it's for a lack of effort on my part.

Could you share any specific details about your install I should know? Does iMessage work?

Could you share any specific details about your install I should know? Does iMessage work?
Yeah, I would appreciate too if someone can share how it is possible to install 10.14 to nuc8i7hvk. I tried it (with UniBeast and RehabMan's clover&create install media methods, but no luck), and the installer does not boot. It restarts after "Service exited with abnormal code: 1" for "org.ntp.sntp.179".

Yeah, I would appreciate too if someone can share how it is possible to install 10.14 to nuc8i7hvk. I tried it (with UniBeast and RehabMan's clover&create install media methods, but no luck), and the installer does not boot. It restarts after "Service exited with abnormal code: 1" for "org.ntp.sntp.179".

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Hi,
Thank you for your Reply and sorry for not attaching files, but here they are:
  • A photo right before the computer reboots before the installer could start (with verbose flag): after this message, the screen start to scroll very fast and the machine reboots
  • The contents of the EFI/Clover folder (without themes)
Thank you for any help/suggestion in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
  • verbose_boot_installler.jpg
    verbose_boot_installler.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 159
Hi,
Thank you for your Reply and sorry for not attaching files, but here they are:
  • A photo right before the computer reboots before the installer could start (with verbose flag): after this message, the screen start to scroll very fast and the machine reboots
  • The contents of the EFI/Clover folder (without themes)
Thank you for any help/suggestion in advance!
Oh, I just noticed that this topic is in "High Sierra Desktop Support". I am sorry, I am trying to install Mojave. I think I started to write here because I first tried with High Sierra, but than continued with Mojave. Should I move to another topic. Again, sorry for posting in the wrong place, it was not intentional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back